Wanted to share this with all of you.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksilver147

Reaction score
From the local paper........made me really think. For the record...I am not some crusty old rasist, I'm an educated man born on an American farm who now works in the city. My opinion here is a simple matter of fact, not a personal vendeta against foreigners, because when it comes down to it, we are all immagrants.

My local paper printed a letter from a local citizen who asked a very good question. You see a group in my town does a re-enactment at the county fairgrounds of the lifesyles the early setlers led in the 1800's as Minnesota was being setlled by the white man. The author made an observation that I had totally failed to notice.

He asked where was everyone ? As he noted, he spoke not of the local population who were decendents of the original immagrants from Germany, Norway, etc. but of those who have come of recent from Mexico, Somolia, Pakistan, China, Japan, etc.

His point was this.....when the orignal immagrants that formed our population came over, they embraced a new land and abided by the traditions, language and laws of the new land for which they were seeking.
They didnt come here trying to force them on the new country.

The author pointed out that he hadnt seen anyone of Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Pakastanese, African, origins was seen during the entire show.

The point is this, It bothers me that they come over here and want the benefits of America, but dont give a tinkers damb about its history.

JFK put it best when he said...."Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You........"

I think America has seen its prime and is on the decline from which it wil not return.

Immigrants

I have to agree with you. The newer phase of immigrants do not participate in the ways of America. They want to change us to the way it is where they came from. America is not America anymore. We are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" any longer or celebrate many of our traditions for fear it would offend the immigrants. They come here and enjoy all the programs that clothe and feed them, educate them, buy them cars and cell phones and everything else but give nothing back to America. They are soon to be able to draw social security also. Our good old USA is gone!

Latest posts

Back