Selling black powder firearms to someone from new jersey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
Hi folks. I was under the impression that black powder firearms could be sold and shipped to any state without FFL., But I recently heard that you can't do that to someone from new jersey. Is that true? And if so, are there other states which are similar? Thanks

You need to check what your state has on the books for sales of firearms to other state purchases. This seems to be changing with those elected using this as a turning point with their campaign theory of how to win the election. I would check with several of the local gun shops as they do this all the time.

birthday 80.jpg

New jersey needs an ffl. Shipped a few there myself. Its nothing huge, jist get a copy of the ffl and ship it to the address thats on the ffl.

Still no explanation why my posts was deleted? It was the only answer that answered Bobby's question.

Hi folks. I was under the impression that black powder firearms could be sold and shipped to any state without FFL., But I recently heard that you can't do that to someone from new jersey. Is that true? And if so, are there other states which are similar? Thanks
New Jersey, Illinois, NYC. Check before you do anything. Many of the East & West coastal states have some whacko gun laws.

Here it is again,

Which states will you ship to?
We rush-ship directly to customer's doors throughout the United States, except for customers in New Jersey, Washington D.C. & New York City as well as all pistol orders within New York State. In these jurisdictions, the law requires muzzleloaders to be shipped to a licensed FFL firearms dealer, which we are happy to arrange for your convenience. As a disclaimer, please check your local ordinances and statutes to ensure compliance with all laws.

Pete like you just showed us if sending to an FFL dealer in some areas just adds to the cost usually starting at $25 and up. Boy that sucks, but like said "someone has to pay to turn the lights on" - you .... :cheers:

birthday 80.jpg

Yo
Here it is again,

Which states will you ship to?
We rush-ship directly to customer's doors throughout the United States, except for customers in New Jersey, Washington D.C. & New York City as well as all pistol orders within New York State. In these jurisdictions, the law requires muzzleloaders to be shipped to a licensed FFL firearms dealer, which we are happy to arrange for your convenience. As a disclaimer, please check your local ordinances and statutes to ensure compliance with all laws.
You forgot Illinois. They require Muzzleloaders go to FFL. Also air guns over 750+ FPS go to FFL.

This is from the Muzzle-Loader website Stan. If it isn't listed I assume they ship there without an FFL.

FYI New York State as in not NYC shipping muzzle loaders is like any other package. I have had lots, parts, barrels, black powder, etc all shipped to the front door.

This is from the Muzzle-Loader website Stan. If it isn't listed I assume they ship there without an FFL.
Got news for you....go ahead and ship a muzzleloader to Illinois direct to buyer and bypass an FFL dealer. Check the gun laws of the state and stay out of prison and or one huge fine.

Latest posts

Back