What a deal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it IS! If I didn't have 14,000 muzzleloaders here all READY, I'd probably get one myself!

Chuck

Your words on the .45 Disc Elite?

Is it a Pronhorn gun? :roll:

It is a bargain, little doubt.

As to what it is, it is simple-- a heavier Disc Elite with a smaller hole in the barrel, and less barrel volume.

A great choice if you want a .45, but the .50 does everything the .45 can do-- and a whole lot more. :wink:

Doohan said:
Chuck

Of course my ONLY pronghorn gun to date is the .50 Disc Elite, which no other muzzleloader is its accuracy equal. IF I were you...I'd probably get with Randy, come to an understanding on a single powder for your Savage, and take THAT! FWIW.

[quote="big6x6] IF I were you...I'd probably get with Randy, come to an understanding on a single powder for your Savage, and take THAT! FWIW.[/quote]

My MEC 9000's produce 'factory' loaded 12 gauge shotshells that surprising contain Savage 10ML-II compatible propellants-- and nothing else. Coincidence? :?

big6x6 said:
Doohan said:
Chuck

Of course my ONLY pronghorn gun to date is the .50 Disc Elite, which no other muzzleloader is its accuracy equal. IF I were you...I'd probably get with Randy, come to an understanding on a single powder for your Savage, and take THAT! FWIW.

That was funny. 8)

Saturday... I took my Disc Elite .45 out just to shoot a group for ya'll so you'd see what it will do. I have a pile of 777 .45 pellets so I used 2 pellets for the group...

2005boatpics%20034.jpg

Not really that great but it will do better with fffg Triple Seven loose.

big6x6 said:
Saturday... I took my Disc Elite .45 out just to shoot a group for ya'll so you'd see what it will do. I have a pile of 777 .45 pellets so I used 2 pellets for the group...

2005boatpics%20034.jpg

Not really that great but it will do better with fffg Triple Seven loose.

Your .50 Disc Elite isnt as fussy is it?

Back