New TC Triumph w/BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog

Reaction score
Folks,

Got a new TC Triumph and I want to use BH209 in it....I've got the powder but have never shot BH209.....the bullets I have on hand are Nosler 260 & 300 grain partitions, Barnes Originals 300 grain, Remington .429 275 grain core-lok (in factory green sabots), and LeHigh 250 grain hollow points.....also have MMP HPH12, HPH24, Harvester BCR, and MMP Orange .458 sabots....what loads have you Triumph shooters found to work good using BH209....can you share your success?

Also, has anyone got experience with the EABCO peep/rib for the Encore/Omega? This peep rib also fits the Triumph!

Thanks & Best Regards!
Billy

110 gr BH209 with 250 gr Barnes TEZ in a Harvester Short Black sabot ignited by CCImag 209. see my Bone collector group.

The Lehigh 250 with a Short Black Harvester sabot and 115 gr of Blackhorn normally shoots under an inch in my Triumph.

bluedog

One of the first things you are going to need to do is to find out what you can get down the bore of that new Triumph.

The new TC's can have a very tight bore and you may not be able to load the thicker sabots. At home pull the breech plug and try pushing a various projectiles with different sabots through the gun and see what might work for you.

When I go my new Triumph - it was a nightmare to get anything down the bore... not a problem any more but @ the time it really worried me that I might not be able to shoot my favorite combinations.

50/40

Anyone ever tried shooting 40 cal. bullets in the Triumph....with one one of the .50/.40 sabots

bluedog

Yep! I do - I shoot the .40/200 XTP in either the Harvester or MMP sabot...

I also shoot the 40/200 & 185 grain Lehigh very well.

Latest posts

Back