Now what since Knight has closed ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowhuntrrl

Reaction score
Are all of us Knight owners stuck with some soon-to-become-antiques hunks of metal, or do we continue to use them ??? As I see it, the breech plugs and trigger mechanisms are the most likely parts to wear out. Possibly we will be able to get trigger parts from Timney (if we have the right model Knight). I am also hoping that someone in the aftermarket will be able to supply breech plugs for us. In the immediate future, I think the red disks will become the major problem.

It's too bad, I mourn the loss of the best inline ever made.

What say you all ???

If your worried, pickup a couple breech plugs and a trigger unit. Then you should be set for about anything. As for the primer jackets, I have thought of that and have about 200 on stock. I hope that lasts a while. BUT I do not think we have seen the end of Knight, or Knight parts. Remember, there are stores out there with primer jackets, and probably will be around or farmed off to someone else in the future.

I hope that someone will aquire Knights rifle manufacturing business and get back to manufacturing the designs that made them the best. The Disc Elite / Extreme guns, LRH, MK / LK designs are all simple, wicked accurate guns!

I would like to have one of the prototype models they were looking at for better compatability with BH209. It sounded good. Maybe in the future someone will pick up the pieces and run with them.

With Knight keeping there parts and repair side of the company going, I think they are keeping the door open for someone to buy them in the near future. Both feet aren't in the grave yet!

i guess i didn't hear anything when did knight fold?

I have got five knights and when I heard they were going out of business I stockpiled some spare parts. I am pretty sure I can make it to the "end" with what I got.

fliowa said:
I have got five knights and when I heard they were going out of business I stockpiled some spare parts. I am pretty sure I can make it to the "end" with what I got.

I believe June 15 was the fatal day !

I bought LRH off cabelas and bought 300 jackets. I had to call knight about a scope/ring deal and I asked and they said don't worry.

The end of June was the final day for Knight. I picked up several extra breech plugs to include a plug that does not use primer jackets. I also have a pretty good supply of the primer jackets, which can be reused. I knock out the primer with my MEC shot gun reloading press. Have my wife was them in the disch waster and then reprime them on the MEC reloading press. Some of mine have been reused 7-8 times and still going.

Just remember everybody, parts and service are still open and working just fine.... I think Gordy says they have a two year contract to continue working....

Latest posts

Back