Knight Question...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
OK...I have an original Knight (orange disc) that I bought a conversion bolt (bolt only, no plug) to use the red disc with. I would like to get a domed plug (#900043) and the NPJ plug kit (#900044) to use with this original Knight and the red disc conversion bolt. Am I correct that all this would work?

Thanks!
Bulldog...

Bulldog:
Yes...That will work. I did the exact conversion on my original D.I.S.C. rifle (orange discs).

With your new bolt:
The 900043 plug is used with the red plastic jackets.

The 900044 conversion plug comes with the bolt adapter and is for bare 209 primer.

Rob :yeah:

Rob,
With your new bolt (for red disc), are you having to use the "C" tool still? I assumed that I would be free of that thing with this new bolt....
Bulldog...

That's correct... No more "C" tool with the new bolt.

To disassemble the new bolt, you just screw in the secondary safety until you feel the whole rear of the bolt assembly "free up". Then just unscrew the bolt assembly from the bolt housing.

Easier to do than explain !

Rob

Bulldog: I sent my barreled action to Knight (Gordy) and had them replace the hex-head bolt release screw with the quick release detent ($30).

Definitely worth the $30 !

Rob,
I have an Elite also, and that one feature of the quick bolt release is worth every penny. I may send my original disc in for the same.

I bought this bolt (just the bolt in a conversion kit box) in a sale at my local gun shop...no plug, screw or red disc...it was stuck, I could not remove the firing pin from the bolt...so I sent it off to Knight with a letter explaining everything. Got it back today, no charge. I assumed I would be getting a new firing pin assembly for my bolt, but they just removed the firing pin assembly and put it back together. Compared this bolt to my orange disc bolt, same but for the cut out for the bolt release, which is the same as on my red disc bolt.

Tonight I will remove the orange disc plug and use my red disc plug to see if it works.
Bulldog...

Bulldog: I may have misinterpreted your last post...

The orange DISC bolt is different than the later FPJ and NFPJ bolt at the breach plug end (as well as the release screw cut outs). Notice the orange DISC bolt doesn't have the "lips" at the end to control/extract the FPJ's (which is also used to attach the adapter for the NFPJ plug).

I don't think the orange DISC bolt moves forward/backward in the receiver like the newer bolt and will not work with the new B/P's you have.

Rob

Back