Today went to ****

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Went and layed down in bed around 2pm as it was raining. Turned the TV on to watch some shows i had recorded and i notice a little hail starting. 30 minutes later we had golf ball + size hail, window screens knocked out, sky lite busted and leaking in the bathroom, A trapped cat under the rear deck.

3 cars with busted windshields, and the typical hail damage. One of the cars i believe will have to be junked as every body panel and part on it got it bad. A small section of the roof looked like it was hit with base ball sized hail and pushed the roofline down a good deal :evil:

Hell my dad was coming home in his work truck and had to wait it out. Im on the phone with him and all kinds of cussing breaks out. I pieced it together and looked at the truck later on and the windshield also got busted out along with the hood looking like a fat girls butt.

The house took a hard beating. The gutters are trashed and broken in sections, the roof has soft ball size holes through out the roof ( Luckily they did not break all the way through!!)

Its just a total mess. We no longer have a yard as it flooded over with mud and sand.

The ATV's are a mess. Dash gauages busted out, a hole in the plastic clutch cover on one of them. I dont even know if they are worth fixing up.

And to add insult to injury, theres another flood warning coming up tonight :evil: :evil: Its not going to hold another storm like we just had. ****, as im typing this, the fog is rolling in again.

I'll post a link to the pictures as soon as i get them uploaded. Im sick to my stomach as the atv's 2 of the trucks and a good # of the stuff damaged was not covered by full insurance. Luckily the car that suffered the most was fully covered.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53 ... l%20Wreck/

HOLY HELL!!! That's a whole new level of SUCK! Sorry to hear about that man.

:x :evil: :x :evil:

A REAL BUMMER :!: :!: :!: :!:
Good luck getting it all back together and I hope you have the right insurence :!: :?: :!: :?:

frontier gander, I'm sorry to hear that.
Been there / done that - I was in Moorhead, Mn. in the mid-80's when we had a similar type storm come through. It was almost as bad for us as the storm you just had. Fortunately, all our cars were covered at the time (I only had a motorcycle trashed). My girlfriend at the time lived in Valley City, ND - they had baseball to softball sized hail, I've never before or since seen anything like it - wood and aluminum siding literally beaten off of the sides of houses - roofs and windows were completely trashed.
Hopefully you will get a string of decent weather so you'll have a chance to clean up from this a little. Insurance companies can be a pain, hopefully yours will be cooperative.
Take Care

hail

Holy Hailstorm! Hey you could of been out on the mountain hunting or hiking when it hit. Good luck, that is a mess I don't envy

Sorry man. I've been in a hail storm before and there is abolutely nothing you can do... but nothing like yours. I'm glad that no one in your family was hurt.

Latest posts

Back