SCOUT SCOPE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY A CRAZY QUESTION BUT WHAT THE HECK.  I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MOUNT A SCOPE ON ONE OF MY SIDELOCKS AND I THINK I MAY HAVE IT BUT I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU GUYS COULD SHOOT HOLES IN MY IDEA.

SKINNER SIGHTS HAS A SCOPE MOUNT FOR DOVETAIL BARRELS SO I WOULD REMOVE THE REAR SIGHT AND TAP THE MOUNT IN THE DOVETAIL .  NOW THE TRICKY PART WOULD ONE RING ,( I WAS GOING TO USE THE ROBUST 6 SCREW BURRIS RINGS), BE ENOUGH TO HOLD A LIGHT 2X 20 SCOUT SCOPE IN PLACE IF MOUNTED RIGHT BEHIND THE SCOPE ADJUSTMENT DIALS.

The "Scout" scope was the idea of Jeff Cooper used on modern bolt action assault rifles not muzzleloaders. They are usually mounted ahead of the chamber (6" - 8" up the barrel at a min.). Have had several "Scout" rifles, like the idea but not on a traditional muzzleloader. Have seen them on in-lines, look at Doc White's page at: http://whitemuzzleloading.com/on-sale/

yes it should work just fine a lot of guys just use one mount for a 2x pistol scope

dbowling said:
yes it should work just fine a lot of guys just use one mount for a 2x pistol scope
That's what my grandson uses and its fine but looks funny using two different period items together.

Latest posts

Back