ThanksGiving range report. 11/23/06

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
11/27/06 is when PA rifle season starts. I went out today with my ULA to confirm new powder. The 4759 in the plastic container works very well for me with the 275grn Parker. Here is a three shot group with 44grns of 4759,Harvester sabot,CCI primer. Sorry for the bad pic.

2006TexasHunt-41.jpg

Tom,
You need to sell that gun and get a 45 PacNor. I'll show compassion and make a good offer.

SW said:
Tom,
You need to sell that gun and get a 45 PacNor. I'll show compassion and make a good offer.

Steve........you always make me laugh. I am wondering how darn accurate we think we need to be when hunting whitetails.......Doug

dougedwards said:
SW said:
Tom,

Steve........you always make me laugh. I am wondering how darn accurate we think we need to be when hunting whitetails.......Doug
Doug,
That group would win last place in a serious BR shoot; BUT likely 1st in any ML shoot. I've never seen groups, nor certainly shot myself, that can compare with the groups shown from the NULAs. I'd like to see what a 45 NULA will do with a 200SST and a sabotless Parker. Actually wondering how slow the twist can get before groups would start to open. I suspect 32 is still good. Those must be great guns.

SW said:
Tom,

:lol: :lol: I'm laughing because i have sold some very accurate Muzzleloaders. HB#58 and a Knight Disc Elite to mention two. The ULA will be a keeper because of weight. I hate heavy guns. Thats another reason why i always hunted with my Encore and sold my Disc Elite.

You guys are killing me man!! :oops:

I cant wait to get mine...
:D 8) 8)

Nice shootin Tom!!! Sure glad I aint a Buck out there in western PA! :lol:

Im headin north to my PA huntin camp tomorrow to hunt out of my camp all next week for PA's opening week of deer season. Looks like some decent weather with turnin real cold on Thurs thru end of week.

:) Best of luck!

I have found all Parker bullets to have good accuracy. I like the weight of the 275 BE it looks a lot like what some think is classic bullet performance after it's recovered also.

Good shooting. I get some good groups sometimes like the 5 shot .75" group with the 275 BE and the .88" seven shot 300 grain Hydracon group, shot sabot-less but I just don't seem to have the aim to get three in the same hole

Back