275 Parker and More Vittles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I took a high shoulder shot at about 75 yards and had the 275 Parker Ballistic Extreme going around 2200 fps and it was like the deer was hit by a bolt of lightening. I'm very pleased with the bullet so far. I'll post wound channel pics and necropsy reports after butchering tomorrow. Man I love my Savage :!: :!: :!:
This will probably be the smallest buck on the site this year but in these parts over 90% of the deer killed are 1,5 years old.
DSC02634Medium.jpg

DSC02630Medium.jpg

DSC02632Medium.jpg

Somebody needs to step up and cull the genetically inferior deer. Takes a real man to make the sacrifice. Really, you hunt what you have to hunt. I, too, was impressed with the 275 P BE bullet this year. Hard to beat!

I took a high shoulder shot at about 75 yards and had the 275 Parker Ballistic Extreme going around 2200 fps

Sounds like 44gr SR-4759 to ME! 8)

Isn't that a great shooting load?

Great going Jim! You have moose, pheasant, venison, pork...am I MISSING something? PLENTY of vittles! But then if Nug comes over..you'll NEED it! :lol:

Congratulations venisoneater! :D

Nice young deer, should be very tender and delicious.
Backstraps, yum!!!!!

am I MISSING something?

Yeah,

A truckload of fish and MAYBE a bit of bear sprinkled in.

Congrats Jimmy! I was getting ready to ask how the 275BE's did for ya... then I found your post!

I think that load will do good on those Iowa MOOSE!

What's the consensus as far as accuracy and game-performance with the Jacketed Hydra-Con versus the Ballistic Extreme? Anyone had an opportunity to test both?

HokieHunter said:
What's the consensus as far as accuracy and game-performance with the Jacketed Hydra-Con versus the Ballistic Extreme? Anyone had an opportunity to test both?
The Parkers have, see highperformancemuzzleloading.com for tests, and RB's posts on the green board. Hydracon 300 was extremely accurate - all 7 shots touching.

Congrats Venisoneatr.......I know the satisfaction of killing a buck in hard hunting situations. I killed a scrub 4-pointer on public land in the mountains of Va which gave me even more satisfaction than the big 8-point I took on hunting club land with planted fields and they both converted into hamburger.

Isn't the Parker Extreme a .451 bullet and what sabots are you using with them?.......Doug

dougedwards said:
Isn't the Parker Extreme a .451 bullet and what sabots are you using with them?.......Doug

Doug I'm shooting the supplied sabot which is a short black MMP. According to Bob Parker the B.E's are .447" - .448"

HokieHunter said:

HH I can only comment on the BE's but hopefully by the end of the season I may be able to comment on the Hydra-Cons. According to Parker the HC's open up a little quicker than the BE's.

dougedwards said:
Its a .450(so it will go down a 458 bore) and they come with MMP short sabots.

HokieHunter said:

I have shot both on a limited basis.

Load was 44gr of 5744 and I shot both the 275 Hydracons and the 275 BE's from my HB167. The 275 BE's shot VERY well while the Jacketed Hydracons would not group.

I hope to spend more time with both bullets. Most likely after the holidays!

HokieHunter said:

I've shot both..some. In my experience, the Ballistic Extremes are easier to shoot more accurately/less fussy. In fact the 275 Ballistic Extreme ranks as one of the more accurate bullets I've ever shot.

Back