S&W model 10

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudgic

Reaction score
Got my hands on a well carried but tight model 10 4" heavy barrel what a shooter it is. I loaded some 158gr Barry's SWC with 4.6gr of unique 1.5" groups at 25yds

I picked up a regular barreled one a few years ago that had been carried by a cop in NJ for his whole career. It still has a little bit of bluing left but isn't very accurate with wadcutters. 

It probably didn't matter. When I was a special deputy, I was amazed how poorly the full-time deputies shot when they had to qualify. Later I realized that being a good cop meant you had to be aware of all of your surroundings (wide vision) and to be a good shot, you had to block out everything but your target (tunnel vision). Very few people can be good at both.

:D 

I carried that Model 10 bull barrel ( then they were called Military Police ) for 23 yrs while I worked on the street. It had fixed sights and a thick barrel. I usually shot in the 240's out of 250 on qualification day. The barrel is a little worn down near the muzzle from my holster but she works like a charm. I put Pac Myer K frame grips and everyone swore I carried a 357 because of the big frame. Good fire arm back in the day....... ( The bullets I used in her were 158 gr semi jacketed hollow points ).

Ray............... :thumbs up:

:D 
I forgot to mention, I'm right handed and shoot right handed but I'm left eye dominant  :slaps: Maybe that's the reason to my success :scratch: 

Ray......... :thumbs up:

I do that with a pistol because my left eye has 20-30 vision while my right eye has 20-15. I can focus on the front sight with my left eye better than my right. However, it doesn't work with rifles.  LOL

:pale:  :( 

Problem is.........WE ARE GETTING OLD.............

Ray................ :Shh:

Latest posts

Back