Knight TK2000 Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno48

Reaction score
I have a question. Have any of you guys who own a TK2000 ever shot it with the Choke tube off? Full choke is allright for Turkey and Squirrels, but I'd like to try some Rabbit hunting. I figured it would shoot open cylinder without the choke and this would be fine for my rabbit hunting. I just want to be sure it would be safe. Or does anybody know where to get a Modified or IC choke for this gun? I've looked everywhere.

Thanks

DO NOT SHOOT IT WITHOUT A CHOKE TUBE IN IT, you will destroy the threads. call knight and ask where you can get a mod. tube

The Threads on this tube are on the ouside. The barrel is smooth with the Choke screwing onto the outside of the barrel. If that makes sense

Reno48,

I have a TK2000, and although I have never shot it chokeless, I can't see how it would cause any harm.

The TK2000 uses a "Jug-Choke" system where the choke screws on over the barrel, unlike conventional "screw-in" choke tube systems. Just remember that you have that expansion chamber (back-bored) section in the end of the barrel.

When I first bought my TK, Knight had another choke available at the time for small game hunting. I can't remember if it was a MOD or IC, but it was one of those. The XF turkey choke is a very tight choke for close range bunny hunting, at least any that you would like to eat.

I would give Knight Customer Service a call, I would bet they would have some of those chokes in inventory. Also ask Gordy about shooting it with no choke as well. If it is OK, I would still find something to screw on over the threads to protect them. Maybe even a couple wraps of electrical tape would do the trick as well?

Let us know hwat you find out.

Latest posts

Back