LRH load data help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earnhard3

Reaction score
Need some help.

I have been playing with the LRH I bought. I have been shooting alot of guns at the range all are dead one except for the LRH.

I'm ghoing to Iowa with it so I need it on.

I need help with your loads. I have several sabots, bullets, primers and powders. I have mixed and matched and found nothing with clover leafs or close to even a semi clover leaf.

whats your load for the lrh? please inlcude primer type, sabot, bullet and powder type. Thanks

What size groups are you actually shooting, at what distance, and with what load? Did you try any of the loads I recommended in your last post on this same topic? A gun that consistently shoots an 1" to 1 1/2" at 100 yards is plenty accurate for whitetail deer IMO.

hornady FPB with 100 grns T7 3F, this is what hornady recommends according to the load data with the bullets. will shoot 1" groups at 100 yards if you do your part.
.I can do the same with PR dead centers in 260, 300 grn. even tried some 460 grn. no-excuses all the same

you have to try different powder loads with each bullet. stay away from the pellets. I only use loose powder goex 2f works good also.

200 gr Hornady SST MMP .50/.40 Blue Sabots I think you said 125 or 120 of bh209.

I'm sold on no less than a 250 gr bullet. Yes the 200 gr will fly faster but the KE I feel a 250 gr does will make a clean soild shot than a 200 gr would. Your load I would think is fast and not make a good size wound channel. How do you feel on this. I could be wrong- I'm new to this so please teach me- I want to learn as much as possible.

I would love it if my gun would shoot 250 gr to 300 gr bullets accurately. It just does not. I spent the last 10 years trying to figure out an accurate load (1 1/2 groups) at 100 yards with bullets in that range. I have still not been successful. I started shooting 200 gr bullets last year as I needed to try something different and following the lead of a few others on this Site. The gun shoots amazing with 195 gr Barnes, 200 gr SSTs/SWs, and 200 XTPs all in MMP .50/.40 Blue Sabots. I have not been able to get the 185 gr Lehighs to shoot as well as these 4 bullets yet. There are quite a few guys on this site using lighter weigh bullets with success.

I got some 250gr hornaday sst low drag... I was also told that my scope parallax might be a issue.I need to check that also.

try some different sabots with those sst, ie hph12, that combo with well in my LRH

What scope are you using? Do you know how to check if parallax is an present at various yardages?

revpilot said:
try some different sabots with those sst, ie hph12, that combo with well in my LRH

I do have some of those. Did you cut 1/8" off the pedals on the hph12's? what amount of powder and what kind did you use? I have a list of stuff to try thats a mile long if the rain ever stopped. I want to try the whole list at 100 yards. Making a ist from that what work well and what didn't then try the same deal at 200 yards.

jsteurrys- I have a hi-lux scope. I think its a fix at 100 yards. Someone told me they had the same scope and similar issues with it. I have to try it today.

Latest posts

Back