CVA QR Breechplug and BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quigley

Reaction score
Anyone heard if the new QR breechplug from CVA is more friendly to Blackhorn 209 than the standard CVA plugs?

8) :D :)

The new CVA ACCURA V2 has the QRBP also :!: :!: :!: Check out CVA.COM :!: :!: :!:

quigley

I have not seen any information on the diameter of the 'flash channel' or the 'flash hole' of the Apex style BP.

It would be my suggestion to email Western and ask them they have done a lot of testing with the CVA stuff trying to come up with some answers.

Locking breach CVAs are few and far between when it comes to having problems with BH 209. I have heard of just as many problems with this powder out of any other gun on the market, yes even T.C.'s. I sell numbers of these guns every week and it all still comes down to the best primer/powder configuration that fits for the firearm.

Where I am from, Minnesota, BH 209 in my opinion is probably the most consistant cold temperature powder out of any gun. As long as you team it with the right primer it will work in anything. We hear nothing but great reviews of this powder. We also hear some negative ones, guess what these negative ones usually don't understand how you have to work with BH 209 to come up with a consistant performer.

Not seating bullets correctly, pure bullet choices, bad optics, wrong primers can all aid in poor accuracy.

Back