Buckhorn 209???????????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackhorn209.

i'd look for local shops or the big chain sporting good stores in your area and make phone calls.

I was down in Beaumont last week and stopped in several places looking for ML stuff. Gander Mountain was the only place that had ANYTHING,,, and they were almost picked clean. Went to Leesville La this week and checked a few places. Nothing at all. Talked to a guy that checked a few places in Houston. Not much there either.
Chick, in Orange was looking for some BH209 and ended up ordering it off the internet.

We need to build a SE Texas ML folks directory and get together when making a order.

Get some buddies and order it from Cabelas and split the stupid hazardous materials shipping charge.

quigley said:
Get some buddies and order it from Cabelas and split the stupid hazardous materials shipping charge.

Cheaper at Powder Valley

SteveB said:
quigley said:

Cheaper at Powder Valley

Powder Valley does have the best price going on BH209 right now.
My only problem with them is thier lack of inventory on almost everything else I use for reloading. Reloder22-out of stock,, IMR4350-out of stock,, Lrg Rifle/Lrg Rifle Mag Primers-out of stock,, and the list goes on.

My only problem with them is thier lack of inventory on almost everything else I use for reloading. Reloder22-out of stock,, IMR4350-out of stock,, Lrg Rifle/Lrg Rifle Mag Primers-out of stock,, and the list goes on.

That pretty much applies to the entire US right now unfortunately.

ShawnT

Yeah Powder Valley doesn't have a very good inventory, but all I needed was BH 209. I tried to find someone to split the hazmat with me, but there were no takers. Well, actually, there was a guy at work that had some interest, but I have not had time to talk to him again. I went ahead and ordered a couple of bottles of it. Gander Mountain did not have it, and they don't have any plans to stock it. The Gander Mountain Corp, has a contract with the powder company that makes BH209, so they can get it, if they want too. Call them, talk to the manager and inquire. If he gets bugged a few more times, he might go ahead and order some.

Chick said:
Yeah Powder Valley doesn't have a very good inventory, but all I needed was BH 209. I tried to find someone to split the hazmat with me, but there were no takers. Well, actually, there was a guy at work that had some interest, but I have not had time to talk to him again. I went ahead and ordered a couple of bottles of it. Gander Mountain did not have it, and they don't have any plans to stock it. The Gander Mountain Corp, has a contract with the powder company that makes BH209, so they can get it, if they want too. Call them, talk to the manager and inquire. If he gets bugged a few more times, he might go ahead and order some.

I live in south MS on the coast and the manager at the closest Gander Mountain near me (Hattiesburg, MS) emailed me and told me that He would start keeping a little bit of the Blackhorn 209 in the store if I wanted some. Some of their stores already carry it but the one by me didn't. Gander Mountain gets their BH 209 from Sports South.

Nutoy said:
I was down in Beaumont last week and stopped in several places looking for ML stuff. Gander Mountain was the only place that had ANYTHING,,, and they were almost picked clean. Went to Leesville La this week and checked a few places. Nothing at all. Talked to a guy that checked a few places in Houston. Not much there either.
Chick, in Orange was looking for some BH209 and ended up ordering it off the internet.

We need to build a SE Texas ML folks directory and get together when making a order.
Almost picked clean is an understatement. When I went in there they had about 10 items hanging on the whole rack.

Back