Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the new optima is a version of the apex. Don't see any changes in the looks of the Wolf

Look at the New Wolf under the old one, they have both listed. Has a hand removable plug and less drop on the stock.

just talked to Dudley and he said that the prices will retail around 399-499 on the V2. The most expensive being the SS/Thumbhole. He also said he just finished testing out the rifle and fired 20 100gr charges and the plug backed out without a hint of stickiness.

Now I see the difference in the Wolf, you are correct. So what is different between the new Optima and the first Apex, besides you can't switch barrels out? Why would you want to spend more for the first Apex if you can get the new Optima, stainless barrell, new breech plug, same looks, what am I miising here?
Doug

no optima has the new breech plug, nor does the wolf.

Accura V2 has the new plug as does the apex, only 2 that have this.

Optima elite - Apex

Apex has a better stock set up along with the new BP and an adjustable trigger. Optima elite is still a great buy for the price they sell at.

frontier gander said:
no optima has the new breech plug, nor does the wolf.

Accura V2 has the new plug as does the apex, only 2 that have this.

Optima elite - Apex

Apex has a better stock set up along with the new BP and an adjustable trigger. Optima elite is still a great buy for the price they sell at.

Actually FG, unless I am mistaken ,I looked at the Cabelas website and they do have the new Optima there with a new breech plug. It looks similar to the Apex. I still think the thumbhole is too large. But they also wrote in the description, QUOTE (The only truly tool-free removal breech plug on the market today.) FALSE, FALSE, FALSE. Triumph, Endeavor, Apex

I really like the looks of the new Optima. If it comes with the new plug and better trigger I don't see why you would want an apex if you are never going to change the barrels. My dad has an older version of the Optima and it shoots really well, my complaint was the trigger being too heavy. And the price is very good on the Optima too!

i cant believe the wolf though! they really updated that little rifle. And like you said, the prices cant be beat for a newly update rifle with the accuras sweet trigger + the QR plug.

the new ones do look very nice. IF i remember reading the wolf also now comes with a bergara barrel?

Well, I bought one of the Optimas today. Won't be here for several weeks. I really like the size of the wolf, but wanted ss.

black or camo? That optima is pretty sweet, that stock looks comfy too. Thanks for letting me know about these new updates! Im itching for a new one and my pockets are empty :cry:

Did you see that the wolf has an adjustable stock?

Got the black stock. All I could afford with my gift cards (plus a few bucks, don't tell momma). I did see the adj stock on the wolf but could not figure it out from the pics.

Anyone need an lk93 or an omega cheap?

Latest posts

Back