Headin out to kansas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayles

Reaction score
Takin off fri , sat, sun and mon. to go scout for deer in Kansas. About a 8 hour drive. I can't hunt muzzle loader season [which is open]on a left over non resident whitetail rifle Tag but my daughter can seein as how she is a resident. Went out sun afternoon and tuned up couple of MZ rifles. She may not hunt. We are mainly going to put up tree stands and scout. If we see a monster she can bump him off. We are on a river with 3 parcels of land totaling about 2000 acres.
Wayles

kansas

At about 6:30 fri as I took an exit to the place I was headed for saw a 10 point monster. Absolutly HUGE. Was not anywhere close to the place we are going to hunt. At least 15 miles away. Saw lots of sign, Some huge tracks, they are scrapin already down there. Could not hardly believe it. daughter could have shot a 1.5 year old or a 2.5 year old, She chose to let them grow. lots of river timber should funnel them to us in dec. during the late rut. There will be lots of wast corn around to draw them as combining has started. Tons of soy bean around plus milo and winter wheat. Ain't no wonder those deer grow big. Also they limit the buck harvest to one per hunter
Wayles

Latest posts

Back