Deer Dolly/ cart ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
what do you guys use to haul your deer out . Gotta be something easier than dragging . A horse or mule would be nice !!!! :D

I have a Cabels deer cart. My memory says I paid $300.00 for and my back appreciated the help in the creek bottoms I hunt.

I have placed 3 deer on it at one time.

Just be sure you get a cart model with tall solid tires.

Chocdog

I have a fourwheeler but cant use it in most of the place so i guess i have to drag the biggest part of the time

sam

4 years of being a caregiver to my bed ridden mother in our home, has taken a toll on my back . Pulling the buck out didn't help either. Dang ,all i had to do was pull him out on flat ground through a wheat field for about 1/3 of a mile . :roll: :roll: :oops: The end of the month is Elk season and if i get one, i will be calling a few friends for sure . The One friend, i help him haul out two elk last year , on my back , so he owes me big time . :D

I use a shoulder harness drag when the 4 wheeler isn't an option. The shoulder harness is alot easier on the body than just using a rope. I have no problems doing it myself with one of those.

Hey Utah,

I was on a bear hunt last year and was working on the bear I had killed. A nice guy from VA stopped and helped me. He than asked if I wanted help packing it out. Of course I said yes. He left for about 30 minutes and came back with a wheel barrow from his truck. I never thought of that and it worked great. Since then its all I use because I have many wheel barrows for work. Most people have them so instead of buying a "deer cart", throw in the ole wheel barrow and give it a try

Hey Utah,

I was on a bear hunt last year and was working on the bear I had killed. A nice guy from VA stopped and helped me. He than asked if I wanted help packing it out. Of course I said yes. He left for about 30 minutes and came back with a wheel barrow from his truck. I never thought of that and it worked great. Since then its all I use because I have many wheel barrows for work. Most people have them so instead of buying a "deer cart", throw in the ole wheel barrow and give it a try

cart

I use a 2 wheel, large dia. solid tire cart. paid less than 100 bucks for it from cabelas several years ago. Made a hitch for it that fits my 4 wheeler when I hunt where it can be used. A large buck is a chore in the cart on the uphill but easier than draging. Being able to drive the PU up to one is like Xmas
Wayles

taylorhaught said:
Hey Utah,

I think a wheel barrel with handles in the front and back would be great .

After 5 back surgeries I've been thinking of getting a hauler but was wondering how they work in hilly woods. Do they roll over logs and stuff that is always in the woods and are they easy going up hills?

I started out with a home made one that had to be hauled in the back of a pick up, it worked great but was a bit of a pain to haul around. I bought on of the kind that folds flat and will fit in the trunk it is aluminium and very light. Where I can not use the ATV it goes it is not only great for getting the deer out I often carry the stand in on it when I have a long way to go in one of the Natural areas. Lee

hauling

My nephew he's 15 and a linebacker, fuels is not cheap as he eats the game just about as fast as we can haul it out! :lol: My quad w/ a winch and the cross shoulder drag if I'm in the crap or swamps to get it somewhere i can get a quad or my nephew.

I use a kids snow sled that rolls up.
I cut some slots in the sides for straping and tie the deer to it.
The plastic makes it slide like butter and it doesn't tear up the hide.

Just a word to the wise:

I've taken to replacing ALL the wheel keeper-pins, with strong kotter pins! After having a wheel fall off once when I was still half mile away from the road, I LEARNED real quick not to trust those "keeper pins" :wink:

Now I duct tape on spare pins to the side bars of the cart....just in case 8)

gobbler getter said:
i have this cart and it is GREAT i use it to pack my stand and other stuff in with as well as bringing out game. have had two deer and my stand on it at once with no problem

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1

they are back ordered on the web site , so I went to a Cabela's today ( 1 1/2 drive one way ) BUT they had them on sale for only 99.95 , SWEEET !!!!!!! :D :D Very well made and they can haul 550 lbs .

I own and highly recommend the Cabelas Magnun Game Carrier. The feature of the *Zero-weight-on-the-handle design* really makes it easy getting the animal out and it's not so rough on your back.

Latest posts

Back