Father's Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Hope you all had a great Father's Day!

Did any of you get to do something cool or get any nice gifts?

My wife got me a Ruger 10/22 and I spent most of the day Sunday throwing empty brass all over the range.. This is a FUN little plinker!

The rest of the day was spent at mom/dad's with the rest of the family..

All in all - A GREAT day..

Yup, had a real good father's day. All 3 of my children and all 4 grandchildren came over and we had a fish fry. The fish were about 50 8-10 inch bluegills. Most of the fish were caught by my oldest (8 years) granddaughter. She and I have this "fishing thing" going :) :) :) :)

If you like "tinkering" with things, you may be in trouble with the 10/22. Its real easy to invest several dollars in "upgrades".

I spent the day with my parents, and my twin nephews. My parents and I have all 3 been sick for about a week, so it was not much fun having twin 3 year olds here all day.

Doohan
Roger does make a good point about the 10-22. I have 2 of them one was a factory 10-22T the other one I ahve been attempting to make as accurate as the T. I do not think that can be done though. The T consistantly shoots 1/4" @ 50 yards. After several hundred $$ the best I have gotten from the other one is 1/2" @ 50 yards, and I am quitting with the current setup because it is light weight, and 1/2" is plenty good for shooting tree rats.
If you have not already found it check out this site for ideas with your new toy http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/

Hey Thanks!

I spent alot of time researching parts and pieces.. I think I have settled on an EABCO or GM barrel... stock?? dunno yet

Trigger... I am having a hard time spending $$$ on hammer/sear or just the whole thing from VQ???

Then the $$$$ issue.. most likely this will all happen NEXT year! But that isnt really a bad thing.. I like shooting it like it is!

I may just put $60 in a trigger job and leave it like it is for awhile!

It really is fun to shoot.. I'm gonna blast a piggy with it.. empty the clip in one.. 8)

I topped it with a Burris FFII - BPlex 3x9 it isnt bad but inside 50 yds the paralax is terrible! From 50 out it is much better.. plus the Ballistic plex works well out to about 125 :shock: just wish the gun did!

On the 10-22 thing, congrats JJ a really fun piece. I got a 10-22T with a Redfield 10x target scope with AO. I have not shot it in years, I outta get it out again. For the $$ it is hard to beat. I got mine when I had an FFl and paid like 275 for it lock,stock, and barrel. You just cannot build anything like that for the money. Best bet dollar wise is to find a used T model and keep the one you have as is.
As far as the trigger goes, the stock trigger is fairly simple and I have done a couple trigger jobs on the factory trigger. Some careful stoning will do wonders, but of course you gotta know your biz, but if you can do it yourself you will save a bundle. I will not say it turns out as good as the factory match trigger on the T model or like a volquarsen after market but it is a big improvement. JJ if you get over this way again for some pie we can do the job. Just bring more sausage and that will cover the bill :wink:

Doohan,
You will have a blast with that ruger. I bought a 10/22 back in '74 it is a Canadian Centennial model with a medalion in the stock. I probably never should have shot it but thats why I bought it. Have not shot it for a while but squirrel season will be here before you know it.

I forgot to mention that as I was looking at my new lawnmower tonight my neighbor hollered over the fence so I went over and visited with him. Now keep in mind that he has a 2 year old boy and a new baby boy that is a month from being born. I asked him if he had a nice fathers day and he said that he was feeling a little better. I asked him if he had been sick or had hurt himself and he replied that his wife had got him a vasectomy for fathers day. Ouch! That is one mean pregnant woman.

Back