CABELAS HAS ONE FOR 100 BUCKS AGAIN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go to Pedersoli's web site it says something about a interchangeable barrel.Anyone know anything about this?I can't find anything.I read nothing but good reviews on it.

For a 100 bucks tho....oh God I'm thinking of buying another muzzy.I just bought my first last year.

Cell

This rifle was legal for a while in states that required an open primer as the primer was just set on the post under the hammer. It was a standard nipple and then the fire went into the charge like a sidelock. Now they have added a piece over the post that disassembles to take a 209 primer. The whole idea seems a little strange to me and I think they just tried to salvage the main part of the rifle with this add on. Italian stuff is usually pretty good in quality so if this seems like something you could deal with go for it. I believe this is a fair description of how this works. Hopefully someone actually has seen one and can either back up the above or correct it if I do not have it right.

I have a Brutus Denali muzzleloader made by the same company. I bought it seven years ago and it is a very accurate gun. The Denali and the Ovation have a 1 in 24 twist rate which is not very common in todays muzzleloaders, most are 1 in 28. It has a break open action but it is a pain in the butt to clean because of the breach plug removal process (long and complicated with a spring and screws but dont want to get into the details here). I used it almost exclusively and took some nice deer with it out to 200 yards using triple 777 and 250 gr. hornady xtp bullets. I have since bought many other muzzleloaders and almost always hunt with my omega or triumph nowadays. This gun sits in the safe waiting for my son to get a bit older :D For $100 though I am almost tempted to buy one, I paid $550.00 for the Brutus Denali when it first came out :D

Latest posts

Back