cabela's presision extended range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemiller

Reaction score
I am going to utah this weekend to cabelas.I want to try 180-200 gr bullets in my 50 optama pro was going to get sw and crush rib harv.for them . these caught my eye and was wondering if any one tried them

i have tried the 250 and the 300. the 300 was all over the place and the 250 hit right with the TC shockwaves. But wold like to see the sabot fit a little tighter and i think this would be a slam in the optima elite that i have. It seems to really like a tight fittting sabot which is why the PBs don't work for me and neither does the crush rib harvesters.

I have used the 300, 350, and 400gr versions in my old Knight USAK and they shoot like there is no tomorrow. I've shot dime-size groups at 70 meters with the 300s and nickle-sized groups with the 350s. And their performance on game has been spectacular for me. Shot a wild boar right through the shoulder with the 350gr version with 90gr of 777 powder - bullet didn't exit, but it mushroomed classically and was expanded to a full 1 inch wide inside the body cavity...................massive internal damage and porky dropped in his tracks.

I really recommend these heavier bullets over the lighter versions - unless you really reduce your powder load, otherwise they can be overdriven to really bad accuracy.

Latest posts

Back