potential new #7 world record moose

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamen

Reaction score
Jim Rae was guiding moose this fall for a client from Berlin who paid twenty thousand dollars for the expedition with South Nahanni Outfitters in the North West Territories and he got his money's worth. The hunter bagged a massive bull moose, probably about seven years old. For hunters, it is 258' Boone & Crockett points. What does that mean? It is thought to be the seventh largest in the world!

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... emoose.jpg

hugemoose.jpg

:eek: MY GOD! you could make a table out of those things!! I have seen some nice bulls, and have hunted moose myself, but if i saw that i would have trouble keeping my **** together to make the shot. plus i would be dealing with a wet pair of pants. wow. AMAZING bull.

benamen

Hope you do not mind me adding to your post a bit - but that is just to nice not to see right away.... MAN!

He likely used a 6.5X55 or a 8X57. The Europeans think we are so "over-gunned" when we hunt big game.

Oppps....I forgot about the 9.3 X 72 for the bears.

chocdog

Fantastic moose! Looks huge

However, I can't really tell how big it is. The rack is very close to the camera and the man is sitting behind his rump. I can understand people taking a picture like this with a decent animal, but a huge one doesn't need any help and it would give us a frame of reference as to how big it really is.

Any other pictures from a different perspective.

It always amazed me how them moose can run through a thicket that I can hardly get through, with that head gear and never seem to get hung up.

I hunted Canada twice for moose. They were the most exciting hunts of my life. Beautiful country, wonderful people to meet (them Canadians are really nice people), just a real nice place to go. And the northern pike fishing was excellent too. :D

Latest posts

Back