New England Huntsman

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Rat

Reaction score
I read on here a while back where someone found a breach plug that someone made where you didn't need a round plastic device to hold the 209 primer. Could someone point me in the right direction on where to find that breach plug because I would like to buy one for my father so he can shoot the Black Horn 209.

Thanks.

Yep UC has it covered. The price is $28.50 shipped in CONUS. It will work very good with BH209. At least that is what I have been told. :wink: :lol:

Many thanks to Busta and Nick's efforts for providing us with a great working breech plug for the NEF Huntsman and Sidekick.

Now if we can get them to make one for the Remington 700M...they will be heroes!! 8)

Spitpatch said:
Now if we can get them to make one for the Remington 700M...they will be heroes!! 8)

You mean nobody has done one yet for the 700ML? Send me your gun, I know a couple of machinist. We can git er done. :lol:

Spitpatch said:

Problem is, you are going to need more than just a breech plug for the 700ML, I think you will need a new bolt as well.

Reese said:
Many thanks to Busta and Nick's efforts for providing us with a great working breech plug for the NEF Huntsman and Sidekick.

Reese,

I am innocent, I swear! That is Nick's baby, I just played the BH209 "crash test dummy". Emphasis on the "dummy"! :lol:

I bought a sidekick as my first m/l and used it for 2 seasons,then bought a triumph and moved on.when i read about the MU plug i ordered one,set a new 1-4 scope on it and gave it to my son.we took it out yesterday and had a great time sighting it in.put in a cheap o-ring,90g vol.BH209,W209 primer,250xtp in a harvester short black.after a few sight in shots my son had a couple of 1" groups at 70yds.Absolutely NO BLOWBACK!!! thanks to MU for this plug.....karl

Reese said:

+1

Busta said:
Spitpatch said:

Problem is, you are going to need more than just a breech plug for the 700ML, I think you will need a new bolt as well.

Why?

Spitpatch said:
Busta said:
Spitpatch said:

Why?

The 700 ML doesnt use an actual firing pin in the bolt. Busta, do you have a 700ML?

Reese said:

+ Avogadro's number

Spitpatch said:
Busta said:
Spitpatch said:

Why?

Let me rephrase that. IF you want to shoot Blackhorn 209? You won't need a new bolt to make it go BANG, but you will probably need one of sabotloaders copper shrouds or a stationary bolt with a firing pin to shoot it safely and have reliable ignition.

I have been down this road with my White M-98 Elite, the rifle will fire, but you just never know where the primer/anvil/battery cup is going to go. Some have been found in foreheads, cheeks, and eyes. Wear safety glasses and goggles or a full face shield if you shoot plunger type guns. Just not worth losing an eye over IMO!

The 700ML is basically a plunger gun with a bolt, works on the same principle. It does not contain the primer like a Knight bolt, or any of the tip-ups.

squirrelhawker,

No, I don't have a 700ML.

thanks guys shooting tripple seven is too messy and i have already switched over to the black horn 209. It is way better and was looking forward to switching my father over also. however with the breach plug in his gun right now it wasn't possible this should fix my problem.

thanks again.

Latest posts

Back