Possible bullet/conical source

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
New (to most) source of conicals and bullets for muzzleloaders - http://bullshop.gunloads.com/prices.html Bullet Man Dan casts some very good looking bulets at extremely competitive pricing. I have had him cast up 500 .451 conicals in pure lead that will weigh ~430 grains each and are based upon the Lyman 457193 mould. That mould makes a bullet very similar to one I produce myself from a LEE 457-405F mold. The one I make is superbly accurate and I expect Dan's will be just as good. The total cost of those 500 conicals, lubed with his own #2 lube, will be $105 delivered from Alaska!

If you go to Dan's sight, take a look at his Links page and then Bullet Auction links. There you will get a look at some of the bullets he produces. They all look extremely good to me. He should also be able to produce bullets that would work well in sabots. Bullets can be produced in the alloy/hardness of your choice or pure lead as are mine.

The great brotherhood of the DWBs 8) will be working with Dan to find a most appropriate design for a .50 - .504 conical and hopefully he will be producing such a bullet soon. Meanwhile, Dan has stated he has other moulds which should produce very acceptable .50 cal conicals. We're communicating and I'm sure something good will come of it.

Just a heads up to some of you that like a choice and appreciate quality bargains. I will report back after testing the conicals Dan has produced for me. They are to be shipped tomorrow.

Apologies to those that have seen this elsewhere. :wink:

wow, that IS cheap. that's like uh . . . uh . . . uhhhhhhhhhh . . . $.87 a bullet? :think: $.63? $.92? uhhh :think:

Rich,
You gettin a commission for advertising these..... :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I would be interested to see how the .451/430's fly whenever you can get some in to test. Are you going to have any 460's made as well in the future? Hard not to stock pile some at those prices. :wink:

Yes, I get all his profit! :wink: No, I get nothing at all. Just thought it was an opportunity to get good bullets at very reasonable prices. The 430 grains is result of pure lead and a mould he already has. That Lyman is rated to drop 'em at about 405 in alloy, same as the LEE .457-405F. My casts from that LEE weigh in at just about 430 also.

So in pure lead conicals for .45 and .50 caliber, he is limited to the moulds he already has unless you want to pay a custom setup fee. He has a mould from NEI which might work for the .503/4 conicals many of us would like. A representation is pictured at the top of the image below:

Possible50s.jpg

The middle bullet in that image is what I believe to be the NEI mould for the original White Super Slug which I'm told shot great. Dan doesn't have that mould but could get one if enough folks were interested. The bottom one is a representation of a Bob Bowers NEW conical which we have only discussed.

Off the subject a little (okay, so a lot but what else is new?), had a new rifle come in today.

49MyUltraMag3-med.jpg

Sportsman's Warehouse exclusive. Getting hard to find. Caliber .504, 26" Bo Clerke barrel, Bell & Carlson synthetic stock, fibre optic sights. Included 3-way ignition options, tools, bullets, manual and case shown. Bold trigger is set perfectly. :D

My mailman brought the mail to my driveway. Had 5 boxes including a smaller one. He commented on the smaller one, "That's a heavy *^%%^!". :D

I had also ordered some of those flat-rate priority boxes. Guess I got carried away. :wink:

Got my order in from Bullshop. The 500 bullets were exceptionally well packaged in 10 individual boxes of 50. Each box had additional cushioning inside. The individual boxes are lightweight thin cardboard but the way these things were packaged - they were plenty adequate. The boxes were taped and encapsulated in groups of two in a tight plastic wrap which was in turn encapsulated in a layer of thin bubble wrap. The 5 groups of two were then positioned and again wrapped in the plastic and bubblewrap. Additionally, newspaper was used to fill in the remaining gaps inside the flat-rate priority box. WOW! I've skinned deer that were easier!

49Bullshop451.jpg

Mic'ing these four bullets gave me a perfect .451 on each one. Very well shaped and filled cast bullets!

That weight range of 421.5 to 422.2 grains is a very close weight tolerance for 4 randomly chosen cast bullets. Pictures exaggerate minor imperfections and distort geometry a little. The noses appear to be somewhat distorted in the picture ONLY. After reviewing this post and seeing that, I rolled several of the bullets on a flat surface. The noses are fine and they roll good too. :D These are nice bullets that I will just about guarantee to shoot great in a White .451 as well as some other .45 caliber muzzleloaders.

Hopefully I'll get to try them tomorrow.

Thanks Bullshop, nicely done.

Great info UC!

For my .410 I only feed her the best... Hunterman BOOLETS! :)

n8dawg6 said:
need for him to make .503's . . . :)

YES...I need some .50s TOO!

Those are really nice looking bullets, UC.. You think they will out shoot what you all ready have?

Chuck, I think they will shoot just as good but won't know until I try them.

At $105 delivered from Alaska for 500 good conicals - the pride of rolling my own diminishes in value. And I get lazier every day. :lol:

I've offered the guys over at DWBs the opportunity to try some of these at my cost plus shippng costs. If anyone wants to try some (increments of 50 bullets) let me know and we'll work it out. Plan to keep a couple of hundred for myself.

Have been working with Bullshop to figure out some nice conicals for .50 caliber rifles. He has some moulds now that will likely produce good bullets and he plans to send me a few of those to try. May be a little while yet as he had to obtain some sizers in .503 and .504. We've been trying to talk him into also getting some of Bob Bower's NEW moulds from Mountain Molds but, since MM is moving, those will have to wait.

Are these .451 420 grain for the new .504 caliberWhite rifle with a sabot or for your .45 caliber White rifle?

That sure is a pretty new rifle you got there Underclocked... I can hardly wait to see what kind of results you have shooting it. Are you mounting a scope on the rifle? If so, any model selected yet? :D

Off the subject a little (okay, so a lot but what else is new?), had a new rifle come in today.

Sorry UC, I missed the most important part! :lol:
So is it a 26 inch .50 model ? IMO that's my favorite stock White ever offered. That's what I have on my .45 97. Yeah..That IS a nice looking rifle! It really IS going to be hard to NOT use my un-blooded 97 .50 on a hog! I still may! :shock:

These conicals are for the .451 White but should also do well in Knight .45 calibers and possibly others. Working on getting Bullshop to produce some .50x/.504s for Whites and ?.

Cayugad, you should have a nice White very soon as well... and I'll want to see pictures. :) Yes, I wll put a scope on the rifle but haven't decided which yet, plan to TRY the open sights first. The Warne bases that Doc has are probably the best choice for the rifle - greater flexibility in ring positioning. Weaver Grand Slams are good too but there is no extension of the forward base - not a problem for most people but I have to mount scopes more forward than many.

200 of my 500 bullets are now promised to others. Will let 100 more go if someone wants them (first come, yadda yadda ;) ).

Chuck, I've never shot a hog but it seems to me some of these big ol' conicals would sure do the trick! Hope you guys have a ball at the next hunt. :D

The Warne bases that Doc has are probably the best choice for the rifle - greater flexibility in ring positioning

No doubt about that! Why others don't have bases with alternative places for the rings is a mystery to me. Or at the very least an extra hole on the receiver to give the user another option of base placement... That base makes the others look kind of pathetic..

Will let 100 more go if someone wants them (first come, yadda yadda ).

Heck I'll take 'em... :lol: [/quote]

Chuck, if you really want them, that's it. The ones I was to share are all gone. Have you got my address and is yours still the Brownsferry?

I got energetic! :shock:

All bullets have shipped.

Chuck, ya don't happen to have a WGRS-Whitetail ya would like to swap for a WGRS-Encore do ya? :D

These bases you mention are at Doc's website then.. I will have to go take a look at them. I am going with some quick release mounts and will need to check into them more. I had some Burris quick release and did not like them at all.

Back