Weaver Grand Slam S45 Base for Knight Disc Elite Questions??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if using the Weaver Grand Slam S45 Bases on a Knight Disc Elite will you need to shorten the front mounting screws in order to not have them come in contact with the bolt of the rifle? Seems I have heard this before but not sure if it is true or not... Since I have no means of shortening these screws I want to know before I place an order for these bases. If they are too long any other suggestions for Weaver Style Steel Bases to use on a Knight Disc Elite???

Thanks in Advance

Mike/LFM

Thanks, I just placed an order for them from MidwayUSA, taking your suggestion of replacing the Knight Aluminum Ones with Steel Ones...

Take Care,
Mike/LFM

Had I seen this sooner I would have suggested the Warnes (lower), but oh well. The Weaver steel bases are supposed to be good too.

Okay so how much of a Difference in Height are we talking between the Knight that came with the Rifle :?: The Weaver S45's :?: and The Warne Ones :?: Also what is the price difference between the Weaver and Warne :?:

Now you got me thinking I bought the wrong ones... Might have to try and find the Warne Brand and buy them also... Just that Who has them :?: Cabela's doesn't list them in their catalog or website and the others I have check don't list them for the Knight Disc Right either...

Seems that many places that carry these types of items don't have them for Muzzleloaders. Maybe because they are as big a seller as they are for Regular Centerfire Rifles.

Right now with the Knight Bases and Burris Z-Mounts the 44mm scope is just above the barrel and I can get a Butler Creek Flip Open Objective cover on it Would hate to have something any higher wished I had known these were higher in height. I guess no two companies make the same thing... Or be about to shop at one place like MidwayUSA. Seems each supplier only carries one brand of them to buy them if they do carry it for a Muzzleloader... I have only bought from Midway because many suggest it here and they have some of what I am looking for... Hate buying one part here and another there... Shipping adds up quickly...

Mike/LFM

Your probably good then. The Warnes are low. I think mine are 1/8" high. Very low bases. Lower than the other Warnes I have actually.

Thanks I will give the Weaver's a try and see if not then I will see about the Warne's. Just hard to find these at very many suppliers... I guess that is why we use Muzzleloaders just to be a little different than following the pack..

Thanks Mr White...

Mike/LFM

Patrick White said:
Had I seen this sooner I would have suggested the Warnes (lower), but oh well. The Weaver steel bases are supposed to be good too.

I've had both and DEFINITELY prefer the lower Warnes...

How much are you talking more than an 1/8 of an inch?

Does anyone know just what the difference is?

Thanks,
Mike/LFM

Just got a set of warne bases from Brownells. Very low indeed. The model # is 947-628-260 for the matte ones. About $25.00 for a pair.

Latest posts

Back