Remington bulk bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban_Redneck

Reaction score
Anyone using Remington .458" 300gr HP bulk bullets? Results? Sabot recommendations?

Thanks!

Jim

I purchased 1000 of them 12 or so years ago when they were $8/100. I now wish I had the foresight to have purchased 5000 of them. They are my "go to" bullet in every rifle I own. I mainly shoot them in my Rem 700 ML's and Savage now,but I started out using them in a custom Navy arms .58 Morse rifle. As far a sabots, it's trial and error as to which work the best. In my Savage I use MMP orange .458x.50. In my 700ML I use a harvester black crushed rib .451x.50. In my .54 Rem 700ML I use "new style EZ load" Harvester .452x.54. And in the Navy Arms Morse rifle I use MMP grey .451x .58 sabots. All fit tight and shoot better than any other bullets that I've tried. I'm talking 3 shot groups with holes touching at 100 yds. The engineer in me is always looking for something more accurate. I tried the all copper $1 apiece bullets,but still return to the Rem 300 HP's. Other guys will tell you that they lack in terminal performance, but I have never experienced such. Even with today's highly inflated prices you still get 3 shots for $1. If I just could have helped myself from chasing ultimate accuracy, I could have saved enough money to buy another rifle or at least those extra 4000 Rem 300gr HP's. Try them, you'll like them! Good Shooting!

Mountainam said:
I purchased 1000 of them 12 or so years ago when they were $8/100. I now wish I had the foresight to have purchased 5000 of them. They are my "go to" bullet in every rifle I own. I mainly shoot them in my Rem 700 ML's and Savage now,but I started out using them in a custom Navy arms .58 Morse rifle. As far a sabots, it's trial and error as to which work the best. In my Savage I use MMP orange .458x.50. In my 700ML I use a harvester black crushed rib .451x.50. Im my .54 Rem 700ML I use "new style EZ load" Harvester .452x.54. And in the Navy Arms Morse rifle I use MMP grey .451x .58 sabots. All fit tight and shoot better than any other bullets that I've tried. I'm talking 3 shot groups with holes touching at 100 yds. The engineer in me is always looking for something more accurate. I tried the all copper $1 apiece bullets,but still return to the Rem 300 HP's. Other guys will tell you that they lack in terminal performance, but I have never experienced such. Even with today's highly inflated prices you still get 3 shots for $1. If I just could have helped myself from chasing ultimate accuracy, I could have saved enough money to buy another rifle or at least those extra 4000 Rem 300gr HP's. Try them, you'll like them! Good Shooting!
Where do you buy these?

Back