Barnes MZ & T-EZ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterB4

Reaction score
What's the difference here guys. I read real quick on Cabelas site, but couldn't really see what the difference between the two were. Does one load easier than the other? Thanks.

Expander MZ= big hollow point...mostly
Spitfire MZ is a boatail in a fairly easy load sabot..no tip
The "tipped" TEZ is a flat based and poly tip in the hollow point with a easier load sabot
The Sptifire TMZ is a boattail with a polytip

You can buy some of them loose too but need to pay attention to the profile some are not the same except maybe the XPB Pistol Bullet line are mostly all Expander MZs except the 250gr 460 Ruger bullet is pointed.

The TMZ is a boat tail bullet and the T-EZ is a flat base bullet which makes it easier to find a sabot combination for your gun. You don't have to use a specific sabot that is made for a boat tail bullet. This gives you a lot more options. Both of these have the plastic tip. The MZ I think is basically the same bullet st the TMZ with out the blue plastic tip. Just a hollow point. I have been thinking about giving the T-EZ a try myself. Hope this helps.

GM54-120 said:
You can buy some of them loose too but need to pay attention to the profile some are not the same except maybe the XPB Pistol Bullet line are mostly all Expander MZs except the 250gr 460 Ruger bullet is pointed.

I would like to get some bullets without the sabots myself. Just want to confirm that the XPB handgun bullet is the same as the MZ.

The XPB pistol bullets all have a cannelure on them and the MZ's don't.

DC

which would be a better choice for my accura? the tez or the tmz?going to change bullets this yr from sst's trying to find a good replacement for hunting. thanks

Back