Question about Bone Collector?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihunter

Reaction score
I ordered a Triumph Bone Collector to replace my standard Triumph because the standard stock always seemed a little long and the BC stock fits me better. When I went to pick the BC up I pulled the hammer back and pulled the trigger and the BC seems to have a very light hammer strike for lack of a better term as compared to my regular triumph. The hammer also vibrates much more then my regular Triumph after dropping also. The store didn't have any other BC's to compare to but everyone at the store thought the hammer drop seemed really light compared to my regular Triumph I had with me. I left without the new BC, they agreed to ship it back to exchange for a different one.
Here's my question, I stopped at Bass Pro today and they had both Triumphs on display and the BC model had the same much lighter hammer drop and more vibration than the standard model? Anyone know why? With all the good reports I see about the BC it must be fine but it seems odd to me. I called TC but the lady said they should be the same, the ones I've seen are for sure not.

Thanks!!

The only thing I can think of is they reworked or resprung the action to be lighter ie: lighter hammer pull and tigger pull. I did action work on guns for Cowboy Action Shooting for years and you get a slower hammer fall if you lighten the hammer springs, especially if thats all you do instead of doing it in conjunction with a proper action rework. Just a theory though.

Back