$$$$$$$$$ 25.00

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
was caribou hunting with 2 americans from PENNSYLVANIA ..RICK was a marine ,and WAYNE is a brick layer ..they told me that when they crossed the border usa to canada they had to pay $ 25 dollars for each rifle ..

When you cross the border to Canada you have to declare your firearms and have paperwork filled out. This is a 60 day firearm registration and you need this form in order to transport your gun or buy ammunition for it. It of course comes at a price per firearm if I remember correctly.

DC

Back ten years ago when I went on a Moose hunt, I was very suprised at the lack of interest in our rifles. They asked if we were bringing beer into Canada, we said "No, we would like to buy it there, but we have a couple of rifles and a fifth of makers mark to declare" they said "No problem, but are ya sure you don't have any beer?". After we proved we didn't have any beer, they let us through. As we were driving off we asked again about the rifles and if there was any paperwork. They said, "Oh, yeah, go over there and fill out the forms, thanks for reminding us." Took about 5 minutes to fill out the forms, and never had to show them the rifles. On the way back, they were only interested if we got any moose, and if we were bringing in any beer. Didn't even check to see if we had the rifles with us. I suppose it is different now.

cell said:
Sounds like beer money too me.

new laws every year ,i was just wondering how much i have to pay to bring my rifles across the border CANADA to the USA ???

Latest posts

Back