butler creek poly patches

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had any problems, used them for years. Still have some.

They were suppose to have slipped off of the powder charge and created a space between the bullet and the powder, as I was told.

Some people were loading the powder then the poly patch, then the ball and it was not seated firm in the patch and it would roll out and create a unsafe condation. Those were a couple of things I heard about them.

Mostly sound like they were being used in the wrong way and creating unsafe condations and you know what that means, the company has to step in and protect us. Before we sue them.

what no one else has tryed any i know there are some oldtimers out there ......

I have a couple of hundred of them somewhere out in the shop that I picked up for pennies at a close out sale years ago, but I've yet to try them. I guess the stories of balls coming off of the patch and moving forward in the bore chilled my interest. But I wouldn't be afraid to try them along with a little careful testing.

Try this before you load them.

Take a small amount of bore butter or Crisco and put it in the cup where the ball goes. The load the poly patch on top of your powder load in your rifle.

I learned theis from an old timer, who said that he learned it the hard way. I have been doing that for about the last 20years and it has worked fine for me, no problem of the ball coming out to the patch cup.

They will make your round ball shooter more accurant, or did my New Englander comepaired to the cloth patch and round ball.

Latest posts

Back