Accura's day out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Had a couple packs of 405gr HP Blackbelts left so i loaded up the Accura and took it to 100 yards to see how these impacted as im sighted in for the 247gr Thor.

80gr Pyrodex RS and Winchester W209 gave me a 2" - 3 shot group without swabbing. Theres a good deal of crud i had to push through. Odd as it does not do this with the Thors. Im sure the 777 primers would fix it. This Accura loves powder so im sure if i upped my charge to 100-110gr RS it would get it within the 1" mark.

I was pretty happy with the elevation and so i'll just practice with the 405's until my new order comes in. Hopefully monday!
Accura-405blackbelt005.jpg

Accura-405blackbelt001.jpg

May do some Thor testing tomorrow if my 250gr ballistic tips come in the mail. I want to see how the BT does with expansion.

250gn Ballistic tips came in! Im weighing my 110gr RS charges out now and will take a few shots @ 100 yards and see how they do.

Will have some pics later on.

Here we go. I fudged up shot #3 and flinched! I didnt put the rifle good enough into my shoulder and when it went off, the rifled jumped up on shot #2 and the scope got me right between the eyes. I flinched pretty good on my next shot even though i knew it wouldnt be like the last shot :lol:

The 250 ballistic tips shoot great and on my next time out with them i will be shooting 130gr Pyrodex RS & see how that does.

Accura250grBT001.jpg

Accura250grBT002.jpg

Shot these groups today with 110gr RS (80gr weight) Not sure what happened on my second round with the W209 primers but im no longer worried, You'll see why :lol:

Accura250grBT.jpg

I used my powder measure that throws lighter 110gr charges ( 75.8grains by weight to be exact) and cleaned the rifle and breech plug out and took it out again. I had to swab the bore after shot #2 as i had a slight crud ring i had to push though on my second shot.

My target was rained on for 2 1/2 hours so i felt that i got lucky in being able to recover it.

Far left shot was shot #3 - Middle was shot #1 and the far right was shot #2.
Accura250grBT004.jpg

WOW!! mighty impressive shooting. How do the Thor Bullets compare in price to say.. powerbelts? Also, who actually makes them?

In price, i get a 10% discount due to my forum. They give discounts to all members of the forum who either mention my name or websites name, Pretty much anyone who mentions either of the names, will automatically get the discount.

They cost less than Powerbelts now. Cheaper than powerbelt platinums too. Barnes makes them for Thor under contract.

I got some .501"s for my dads hawken and now they fit snug and load with about 25-30lbs pressure and this time they stay on the charge unlike the previous .500s! lol. He took one shot today with them at 100 yards to check if they changed POI and he nailed 6 o'clock on the 2" bulls eye. He was happy.

Im really happy with the way they have performed over the past 2-3 weeks. Im sure i will still shoot powerbelts for more field testing with my inserts. I actually gave away my last pack of 405 powerbelts to the guy i traded my flintlock off too.

Lets just hope that traditions has a .500 + bore or else im gonna be crying. That was a good flinter i traded.

Thor is coming out this fall with the generator 2 thor and an inexpensive all lead thor. I look forward to seeing those. What could they possibly improve on the gen2 thor?

Back