Muzzleloader Kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northof58

Reaction score
I just bought an old (new) flintlock kit which has been around for many years. It is Japanese made, other than that it has no identifying marks. I did a bit of research and found that Miroku was making kits for various companies in the 1960's and 1970's. This kit has all the hardware but no stock. Apparently they made kits both ways, with stock or without stock. The kit no longer has its box and no instructions. Would anyone out there happen to have had one of these kits and still have an instruction sheet that they could scan and email me?

I know someone will ask, what caliber is it? The guy that sold it to me said that it was 44 caliber. I haven't confirmed that yet or checked the twist rate. The barrel is full of grease and I am leaving it that way until next winter. It is next winter's project.

I have heard of the company but never seen one. That sounds like a heck of a project if you have to carve the stock and all. Good luck, I hope someone can help you. I wonder if Dixie Gun Works would have any instructions for you.

Thank you for the tip. I contacted Dixie Gunworks and they did sell the kits at one time but do not have any instructions around.

Miroku if I'm not mistaken is the Japanese company that builds guns for Browning. They do very good work in their plant.

DC

A picture of the hardware and barrel length, etc might get you better responses. IIRC, the Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle was a BC Miroku product.

What I can find out about them is that they build guns for whoever gives them a contract. The muzzleloader kits would have carried a number of different names. They made them for Sears, Remington, Dixie Gunworks, Browning? Ultra-Hi and perhaps other names.

Latest posts

Back