Shooting the 45 this season. HELP!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I have my Encore 50 cal for sale in the classifieds and will shoot the 45 cal CVA Kodiak Pro / SS / Fluted

I wanted to test some 195 grn Powerbelt HP's for FG but they are sold out.
The ONLY 45's I found were Precision Rifles QT / 250 grn BT with a cream colored sabot.

Anyone have any experiance with this bullet or company.I read great things but I always do.

Also some load recomendations would be great,I onl;y have 12 of them.
My farthest shot at my set ups is 175 - 180 yards Max.

I have a single reticle Simmons scope on it. 3x9x50

I was thinking maybe a 75 yard zero would give me very little hold over for the long ones.

Yall let me know what you think.
I have BH 209,777,Pyrodex RS & P and goex FFF & pinnacle for powder choices

got 25 of the 275 HP's if you want them Sax. I may even have some of martys custom tipped 225s-275's.

saxman1 said:
will shoot the 45 cal CVA Kodiak Pro / SS / Fluted

I wanted to test some 195 grn Powerbelt HP's for FG but they are sold out.
The ONLY 45's I found were Precision Rifles QT / 250 grn BT with a cream colored sabot.
Anyone have any experiance with this bullet or company.I read great things but I always do.
Also some load recomendations would be great,I onl;y have 12 of them.
My farthest shot at my set ups is 175 - 180 yards Max.

I have BH 209,777,Pyrodex RS & P and goex FFF & pinnacle for powder choices

Hey Bro,

I have the 200g 45/40 SST's and Shockwaves with Cream sabots, Also have 200g 40cal XTP's---All three will shoot MOA, and will do everything you have asked for, by sighting them in at 3inches high at 100 yards, with 90-120g of BH209 :D 8) :wink:

Can send ASAP! I also need ta send ya some more tubes anyways :wink:

Thank you Lane
I love the tubes.
I see you have different choices now.

Allrighty Sax i got the bullets together. 25 275gr HPs , 14 225gr custom tips ( an assortment and they are marked what they are) 2 300gr Platinums. I'll get them boxed up and mailed off tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back