Worked up a load to shoot hogs with FPB's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
Some of the members here requested that I knock over one of these hogs with an FPB. I worked up a load today that I'm satisfied with. 100g BH209, FPB and a CCI 209M primer. These FPB's seem to like a dirty bore better than a single primer fouled bore. I may fire a shot off before I get into the blind just to make sure I get good accuracy. I'm going to go sometime this week. I'll post a story and pics of the damage as usual. 8)

Good to hear.I was wonder if you were going to get to them.

Good luck.

i've killed several hogs with the FPB bullet and it works well. This this past Saturday i killed a 185 pound boar with that bullet. The bullet hit the hog behind the shoulder and low-DRT. My powder load is 120 grains of Goex 2F Pinnacle. The Encore makes 2.5-3" groups at 100 yards with that bullet.

Okie Hog said:
i've killed several hogs with the FPB bullet and it works well. This this past Saturday i killed a 185 pound boar with that bullet. The bullet hit the hog behind the shoulder and low-DRT. My powder load is 120 grains of Goex 2F Pinnacle. The Encore makes 2.5-3" groups at 100 yards with that bullet.

That sounds promising. Got any pics?

SWThomas said:
Okie Hog said:

I'll say it again..man, I envy you hog hunters. I need to make a trip!

Okie Hog said:

Just the one that i've laready posted.

My bad, I'll have to check when I get home. I didn't see a pic but my work computer doesn't always allow them to be shown.

big6x6 said:
Good luck! I wish I could go with you! 8)

Take some time off Chuck... I'll put you on some swine. 8) Hell, maybe you could even get a deer. Our rut is toward the end of October.

No luck yet fellas. :( The hogs have eluded me again. I moved my feeder back to the spot that's frequented by larger hogs. They had rooted up the entire area like a tractor had been in there. I'm gonna let my feeder marinate for a few days and then see what I got on the trail cam.

Good Luck bro! My Omega likes the FPB with 85 gr. of BH. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Hogs

Sw
You have torn those hogs up this year. Several nice ones. Way to go!
Wayles

Back