Question for all

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azal

Reaction score
A friend of mine is considering buying a Pedersoli Hawkens and He asked my opionion. I have no experience with them. All my percussion rifles are T/C. Any of You with experience with the Pedersoli I would appreciate your comments

I have a Pedersoli .54 Blue Ridge in percussion. It is not a “custom,” but I think it is a well made rifle. If your friend is considering the Rocky Mountain or Missouri River Hawkens, they are beautiful, but pretty pricey. Bottom line, you probably wouldn’t go wrong with a Pedersoli.

‘Poet

I have 3 Pedersoli guns. A .32 Pennsylvania, a .50 Tryon and a .54 Rocky Mountain Hawken. All are well made, and in my opinion, the best production guns on the market. I have only had an issue with the .50 Tryon. This gun has an oversized bore in that in order to get decent groups I have to use a .500 ball with a .015 patch.

I have a pair of Pedersoli Kodiaks a 58 cal. and a 72 cal.side by sides they are both great shooters and both barrels shoot extremelypedersoli kodiaks.jpg close to each other out to around 100 yards.I also have a Pair of Pedersoli Quigley Sharps a 45/70 and a 45/120 I shoot hand loaded black powder in both have never shot them over 500 yards just dont have a range any bigger . Pedersoli makes a extremely good firearm which ever one you choose you cant go wrong.

WOW!! you sure play WITH THE BIG BOYS WITH LONG PANTS!!! that is a saying that I grew up with in the early 50's. I think you have a great taste in the big bore items.! good for you!

My .54 Rocky Mountain Hawken has a 34" x1" barrel. My .54 Lyman Great Plains Rifle has a 32"x1" barrel. The Pedersoli feels much more muzzle heavy. I prefer the Lyman gun for hunting. Just me.

Meant to say the GPR has a 32" x 15/16" barrel, therefor, the Pedersoli is heavier, but a good gun.

Latest posts

Back