Parker Ballistic Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fla shooter

Reaction score
Just ordered some of the 275 gr. anyone been using these look and sound like a great bullet. Are you using the supplied sabot or did you switch ? Think I will stick with my HPH 24 for my accura

I have heard great things about that bullet.
I had a pack of those and the Hydra cons but I sent them to a friend for testing.

fla shooter

I can tell you and you too Sax - they are ACCURATE... and from what I have been told they are deadly....

Those 275 gr BEs are accurate in my .50 Knight DISC Elite. I used the supplied sabot pushed by 120 gr of BH 209 ignited by a Federal 209A primer. I shot a 5 shot 1" group at 112 yards a couple of weeks back in less than perfect conditions. I need to shot them some more to make sure it was not a fluke. I have not used them on game yet. The feedback I got from those who have actually used them on game stated they are excellent. I will post future results.

I just rec'd my order of Parker's. After a call to Bob Parker, he recommended the 250 Hydra Cons for my hunting situation. (Great guy to talk to !). I also ordered some 250 and 275 BE's too.

I believe his supplied sabots are the short black MMPs. I'll be testing them in both the .50 Elite and .50 Omega. I think the bullets are .450 diameter, so I may have to substitute the supplied sabot with the MMP HPH-12, short black Harvester, or Knight High Pressure, depending on how they load.

Sure hope the snow melts so I can get out to the range ! :x

Ive never used them but every single article (including non sponsored) have been excellent.

Currently my list of "test bullets/sabots" is longer than i can thoroughly test in a day at the range.

I guess i will have to add some to the list including some of the monster 54cal Parker hunters.

Currently i have several Lehigh and Harvester Scorpion Gold PT bullets in 260 and 300gr on the way. They would make a nice comparison test to the Parkers BEs.

Looks like this weekend all of mine should arrive and the current weather report looks promising.

jsteurrys said:
I need to shot them some more to make sure it was not a fluke.

It was not a fluke. I kept 7 shots inside of a 1.5" at 112 yards. I was not shooting my best today either.

Back