What is a good load for an omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my omega is not fussy at all, but here are some loads it likes, all pushed by 100-110 T7 ffg

.300 xtp, harvestor crushed rib
.300 gold dot, harvestor crushed rib
.290 barnes tmz, ez load sabot

my omega as well as my dad's and father in laws have tight bores so the ez load type sabot work best

good luck

My omega will not shoot tight groups with any of the crushrib sabots for some reason about 2.5" at best but most much worst. With very tight sabots it will shoot 1.5" 5 shot groups with 100 grs BH powder and the yellow sabot that comes with the barnes 285gr spitfire. My bore was very tight as well but after several hundred shots seems to load easier now I use to think I was going to break the rod loading some of the sabots but now they go down much easier! My gun likes the 250gr Shockwave as well. I use the standard w209 primer with the BH and have never had a hangfire. No blowback in my omega. Love the gun!

toyota18396

Toy - I just wrote a short response up in your other post in "New to Muzzleloading' if you are interested...

100g of BH209, 250g Shockwave, Harvester High Pressure EZ load sabot (aka Harvester Short Black), Fed209A primer. Consistent 1" groups at 100 yds in my dads Omega. 110g & 120g also shot well but 100g is a little easier on the shoulder and the wallet.

Latest posts

Back