March 6th hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwirl

Reaction score
Last year the hunt was spot and stalk,this year because of 8" of crusty snow the order of the day was stand hunting.

I arrived at my stand at about 8:30 AM , at about 9:00 a group of pigs approached on my left as they passed I picked a medium sized sow (about 200#) when she was at 10 yds I placed my pin on her front shoulder and let the arrow fly. The arrow hit its mark and the pig let out the signature squeal. The pig traveled 50 yrd and expired, the 100 gr Montec G5 had done its job to perfection.

1tkjsm.jpg

Last years hunthttp://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/p ... hp?t=12488

hog

Medium sized? 200#? How big you grow em down there.

skwirl

did you go to the reserve up there? Used t live in Mansfield area for school and then work down at the youth center. It was the finest grouse hunting i ever experienced back in early 80's.

Re: skwirl

Bucker said:
did you go to the reserve up there? Used t live in Mansfield area for school and then work down at the youth center. It was the finest grouse hunting i ever experienced back in early 80's.

thats where we went Tioga ranch..............as far as grouse hunting goes now its slim pickins

piggin

I am trying to talk myself into that type of hunt. I am trying to justify the cost of shot and butchered into the freezer vs. buting a hog on the hoof and butchered. Well it's not me so much as the general needs ROI on it.

Latest posts

Back