siekick ramrod replacement

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerndog

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get a good ramrod to fit my sidekick, I tried doing a search, but could not get the search to work ?.......thanks

Try HubbardOutdoorsProducts.com on the search engine. He makes a super rod that is stronger than the stock rod, extends two inches longer and has a recessed end for the pointed bullets and also has the correct threads for accessories. I think the cost is around $35, (I think his phone number is (205) 665-0444 or 1-800-236-7486).

I just got a Hubbards Rod for my Heritage,you will love it.Ben was a super nice guy and very helpfull...Just tell him what size barrel you have and he will send you one for the gun.

Steve

If it takes a 3/8 diameter go down to the hardware store or Lows or a similar place and get a solid 3/6 aluminium doll and center drill and tap both ends to what you need, usually 10-32, if what you need is 10-32 us a #21 drill before taping it is best to us a smaller drill first then ream. If you are not experienced at this type of work it is best not to cut the doll to length until you get one end done right. I like to drill and tap both ends my self so that I can screw an extra jag in to have more to hang on to when cleaning in the field or at camp. Lee

Lee 9 said:
If it takes a 3/8 diameter go down to the hardware store or Lows or a similar place and get a solid 3/6 aluminium doll and center drill and tap both ends to what you need, usually 10-32, if what you need is 10-32 us a #21 drill before taping it is best to us a smaller drill first then ream. If you are not experienced at this type of work it is best not to cut the doll to length until you get one end done right. I like to drill and tap both ends my self so that I can screw an extra jag in to have more to hang on to when cleaning in the field or at camp. Lee

Lee: The Huntsman and Sidekick will not take a full length rod. It requires one that will collapse to fit in the short ramrod storage slot. The Hubbard rod is so superior to the stock rod that I would give the stock one away if I still had it. It is long gone and not missed.

Back