Snow! Snow! Snow!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it ever gonna stop snowing here in Iowa! :shock: It ruined my late muzzleloader season because I couldn't get to my hunting spot. At this rate, we may be thawed out buy August!

We just got more today too but not much.

I wouldnt mind except the range i prefer closes everytime there is any bad weather. :cry:

we got about 2 inches here friday night, first snowfall in my area in about 14 years i loved every minute. it was all gone by noon saturday :cry: my 3 year old grandson had a great time playing in it.

I would esimate that last Tuesday/Wednesday we got 11" here in Michigan. It's about time we got some snow. This is the first decent snow we've had all Winter. Planning on getting out this week and taking a few cracks at some coyotes.

What happen to our global warming??? I've got 3in on my porch now! I thought i was back in mi.!! :shock:

In my area of Michigan, we got 9 inches last week and about a half inch or less each day since. Forcast is calling for more light snow each day this week. I like it because the light snow keeps it looking fresh and clean.

I was wondering if NH might have gotten hit by heavy snow.... I called Ruger Firearms this am and a recorded message said they were "closed due to unforseen circumstances.

snow

We are getting creamed again. Man these kids have ot go back to school, I am going nuts . I work from home and not used ot people being around the house when I am in the zone. Love her but it is tiime for school again!

Before you get all upset over snow cover... consider this. Snow is a great insulter, it helps the ground under it prepare for spring. Farmer used to like a spring snow. When you have a deep snow you have a more stable water table. Where I live, I want snow. I want to see snow. We have about 26 inches on the ground is all. But it is still snowing, so that's good. Living in a part of the country where snow is a way of life, I guess it does not bother me as much as others.

i live up north and we have had NO SNOW in the month of february ,total snow on the ground is 6" inches ..i have never seen a winter like this in my 65 years ..i am happy for the deer it will help to bring the deer population back up to normal numbers ..we lost about 60% of our deer in 2007 and 2008 we got nailed with snowstorms ..

i just bougt a new 12hp snow blower and have only used it once this year . oh well there is always next year ..

Well I just got in from cleaning the yard up and there was about six inches on the ground of new snow. I personally like snow. I hate ice, but like snow.

You guys would die laughing over the snow we've received around here in Central Alabama lately....maybe 2 inches here Friday and maybe a quarter inch last night. :roll:

snow

cayuga I love snow, my neighbors and schools don't. No allergies when snow is on and clean looking at least in my backyard and in the woods.

Back