Need help!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Com 45acp

Reaction score
Hey guys went to sight in my TC Triumph with 3-9x40 Nikon Prostaff. Shooting TC mag express xtp and APP powder and winchester 209. Whether I use 95 - 110 grains the shots are all over the target. 6" high, low and right. No given pattern.
Thanks guys looks like bad powder, my buddy called this morning and tried the powder in his and shot terrible last evening.

go bact to 80gr. of pouder then see how it goes if good judt go up 5 gr at a time till it starts to go bad. try a different bullet and sabot or try a different sabots.

If the irons are still on the rifle, pull the scope off and shoot with the open sights. If it shoots good with open sights, you've got a scope/mount problem.

How old is the powder? I'd rather use some newer 777 than any APP. Make sure the scope is tight & try new & a different powder.

:D :D :D

Everyone has whats good for their gun so I think I'll give you my opinion also. First of all I use APP and get great groups. My accuras are zeroed in 2" high at 50 yds and dead nuts at 100. I'm getting around 1750 fps. I use powerbelt 295gr H/P's and Remington Kleanbore Primers. I get no crud/burn ring and I start spit swabing after the 3rd shot and then every shot after that. I never have trouble seasing any of my PB's.
I think you have a scope mounting problem. If I were you, I would remove the scope and clean out all the drill holes. Get some lock tight (BLUE...BLUE HOLDS TIGHT BUT LETS YOU UNSCREW IF NECESSARY) and remount that scope putting a dab of blue on the treads as you go. Thats what I would do.
Good luck and have a great season..........

hawgslayer said:
:D :D :D

Everyone has whats good for their gun so I think I'll give you my opinion also. First of all I use APP and get great groups. My accuras are zeroed in 2" high at 50 yds and dead nuts at 100. I'm getting around 1750 fps. I use powerbelt 295gr H/P's and Remington Kleanbore Primers. I get no crud/burn ring and I start spit swabing after the 3rd shot and then every shot after that. I never have trouble seasing any of my PB's.
I think you have a scope mounting problem. If I were you, I would remove the scope and clean out all the drill holes. Get some lock tight (BLUE...BLUE HOLDS TIGHT BUT LETS YOU UNSCREW IF NECESSARY) and remount that scope putting a dab of blue on the treads as you go. Thats what I would do.
Good luck and have a great season..........

x2

Try 100gr BH209 under that sabot/bullet with W209 primers. You can forget about wiping between shots, and use Hoppes #9 to clean. My Omega groups under 1" with that combo at 100 yards.

If you and your friend both got bad groups with the same powder, chances are very good that its the powder. Most of the BP substitutes have limited shelf life. Real BP can be kept indefinitely, and BH209 seems to be the closest thing to smokeless for black.

Back