long barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemiller

Reaction score
I have been shooting bp for about 3years. I just bought a optima pro with a 28in barrel. What does the extra long barrel have to do with load ,long range ext.

higher velocity, allows the powder to burn longer. Maybe more but i never get into that stuff. I have a 21" barrel on a sidelock that shoots like the devil.

it means an increase in velocity slightly as it will be able to completely burn a larger powder charge before diminished returns come into effect. It also means a longer sight plane. Now some claim it means more vibrations or a change in barrel harmonics as compared to say a 22 inch barrel.

You will like the longer barrel although they are a little heavier, and in tight situations, its the old adage of swinging a 22 inch pipe around and into play, VS a 28 inch pipe.

stevemiller said:
I have been shooting bp for about 3years. I just bought a optima pro with a 28in barrel. What does the extra long barrel have to do with load ,long range ext.

it will take u longer to clean ..[sorry but i know that is not what u wanted to hear] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back