tumblers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
I bought a TC powerrod for my Optima Elite and it is a little loose. How would i go about tighening up the tumblers. they can squeezer together a little tighter but unsure as to how to do it so that i don't ruin it.

thanks

i believe its just a flat spring in the forearm that puts pressure on the ramrod and holds it in place.

Do you mean the thimbles instead of tumblers? They are the ramrod guides on the underside of the barrel. If so there should be a small hole in the middle of the thimble which takes a very small hex screw that will tighten them.

nope, no screw. they are somehow slide into slot made into the barrel. they kinda pinch in the middle, which has a gap that could be squeezed together a little more but i am not sure as to how to do it without scaring it up.
I will try to post a pic.

lets see if this works

4852_1040497227544_1678976410_71234_4189138_n.jpg

n1678976410_71233_826431.jpg

4852_1040497267545_1678976410_71235_6608123_n.jpg

4852_1040497307546_1678976410_71236_2231809_n.jpg

OptimaAndy said:
nope, no screw. they are somehow slide into slot made into the barrel. they kinda pinch in the middle, which has a gap that could be squeezed together a little more but i am not sure as to how to do it without scaring it up.
I will try to post a pic.

I don't have any experience with CVA guns was referring to TC thimbles. Doesn't look like anyway to tighten those from the pics unless like already mentioned with the tension spring.

Andy,

CVA uses spring steel ramrod guides (thimbles). Don't try to squeeze them or anything, otherwise they may come loose because you will change their configuration. Like FG said, there is a spring steel in the stock that keeps pressure on the ramrod. Try bending that up a little to add more pressure. You could also add something it the guides that would apply pressure or decrease the diameter of the guide. Some mole-skin (fleece) with an adhesive on one side might work to tightem up the inside of the guides and quiet things down as well.

Cut a 1/8th" wide strip of the "sticky-backed" velcro and cut to the thimbles length. Degrease the inside of the thimble with some alcohol and a Q-Tip. Insert the velcro (use the fuzzy half of the velcro) on the flat side of the inside of the thimbles. (towards, or on the barrel) See how that works for ya.

no way of tightening that. CVA (bergara i should say) designed the thimbles like that to avoid drilling/welding stuff and creating pressure points. Your barrel lugs should be slotted and pinned as well if its like my Accura.

Back