CVA vs Randy Wakeman

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted a Denali but i missed them.

Which one did you get?If I remember right BassPro,or Cabelas had the Brutus for less than a hundred bucks a while back.I thought about getting one...ugly or not,but didn't.I noticed on their web site they have an option for putting on different barrels,but couldn't find any info on it.Perhaps you may know?

Cell

cell said:
I really wanted a Denali but i missed them.

Which one did you get?If I remember right BassPro,or Cabelas had the Brutus for less than a hundred bucks a while back.I thought about getting one...ugly or not,but didn't.I noticed on their web site they have an option for putting on different barrels,but couldn't find any info on it.Perhaps you may know?

Cell

Brutus Ovation 50cal, its was $99 on sale.

The only thing i dont like is the "firing pin" design is not scope friendly....and it kicks like a mule. :lol:

So i just put a red dot type sight on it.

Wakeman is not very kind to Traditions, either.

Fisherman94 said:
I will start by saying I have recently ordered an Accura, with a bergara barrel and am not worried a bit about it.

That said, I keep reading online about how CVA barrels have trouble withstanding the pressures caused by normal loads. I am asking because I am looking for a good gun for my dad and don't think I can swing another Accura. Was looking at a wolf or Optima in particular.

I am sure this has prolly been brought up before, but I want a little piece of mind.

here is a link:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/cva_muzzleloader_blow-up.htm

Fisherman94:

As the others have said as long as its not one of the recall CVA's then its good. I have a Kodiac Pro using 110 gr t7 with 300gr shockwaves 3/4 groops at 100yds also Hornadays FPB 350 gr powered by 120 gr of t7 same poi as shockwaves

whitetail said:
On hunt101 a guy posted pics of a Remington Genisis with barrel split wide open. Not saying this is the rifles fault or the manufactures fault just saying it can happen. I would guess as with the modern rifle blowing up that operator error is the cause of most if not all the issues.

JUST BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you get me the link for that? I have a Remington Genesis that I've shot for 2yrs with no problems shooting 100gr. of Triple 7 pellets and 100gr. of BH209 out of it with 300gr bullets.

Now that I've ordered my Accura I'm going to give it to my dad. So I especially don't want any problems with it when he starts using it.

Traditions makes the Genesis for Remington. Wakeman told me that Traditions were very poor quality.

Chick said:
Traditions makes the Genesis for Remington. Wakeman told me that Traditions were very poor quality.

wakeman says a lot of things. show him a picture of a blown up savage and he'll say everything in the book to make the savage sound good.

frontier gander said:
Chick said:

wakeman says a lot of things. show him a picture of a blown up savage and he'll say everything in the book to make the savage sound good.

Bingo..... and he still wont step upto the plate and even mention a Bergara barrel or the Accura's fine trigger but hyped the new TC impact to high Heaven at the shot show.

Im not a Savage hater either. I think they are fine guns but not perfect either.

Ive checked his site a bunch of times since CVA came out with Bergara barrel guns and not a peep about them from him that i can find.

He has his opinions and we have ours. Sort out his opinions/agenda from facts and his ML info page can be useful.

Chick said:

Exactly what is poor quality on them? Like I've said, I've never had an issue with mine to date. But I'd like to know what to look for to avoid any future issues or mishaps with the gun.

I know that one model of the Genesis is a Buckmasters edition. I'd find it hard to believe that Jackie Bushman would endorse and stamp his name on them if they were that "poor of quality" or dangerous.

Hey, I didn't endorse Wakeman, simply said that he told me that Tradition were very poor quality. I own three of them. And other than the crappy trigger, hold on, let me say, "VERY CRAPPY TRIGGER" , the rifles seem to be well made and shoot good. Wakeman reminds me of a guy that runs a web site dedicated to hog hunting in Texas, he is a legend in his own mind. He thinks he is the only person with any knowledge, and everyone ought to bow down to him.

I can not believe this whole thread about Wakeman, who has absolutely no credibility with anything regarding muzzleloaders that comes out of his mouth!

Latest posts

Back