Knight Rifles needs your input....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Howdy folks!

No ones PERFECT!8) EVERY muzzleloader company and EVERY muzzleloader has features/qualities we like AND those we DON'T like. Now's your chance to make a difference and post what you like MOST about Knight Rifles and their products and what you dislike about same.

I was asked so I'm gonna start! :lol:

I simply want to see a re-birth of the Disc Elite. BUT...I want it to have two action screws and of course NO Full Plastic Jackets. Also, do what it takes to be BH209 friendly. Keep up the customer service Knight has always been know for! :yeah:

It has to be usable by us lefties. KP1 style only muzzle only would work for me. no plastic insert. ghost ring sight option.

There isnt much i dont like but...firing pin diameter is a bit large on Disc rifles and the twist on the 45s is a bit slow. Current 52 cal owners need bulk sabots.

Things i would like to see

Ultimate Slam 50 and 45.

A carbine with mounting points for a scout style scope mount including a 45.

Faster twist option... 1-24 or 1-26 should do it for 50 and 54 but i bet it would be great in a 45 too.

Bring back the 54. A well designed faster twist 54 can do anything a 52 can do.

NFPJ breach plug conversions without a domed face. Such as the Slams design.

A custom shop for special orders and commemorative editions.

And a free Knight hat with every rifle. :D

Ultimate Slam 45 & 50 in a couple barrel lengths perfected before marketing.
I would like to see them succeed and grow; the people that only market a few well perfected rifles are most likely to.

If I were going to buy another Knight it would have to be a Disc Elite with no primer jacket. Also I agree, it should shoot the Blackhorn 209 powders. I also would like to see a Knight made for conical bullets. Like the Whites. A 1-24 twist, good solid stock, and in any of their actions that have a full one piece stock. Even the Wolverine style. It would make a great woods rifle or something to stop big critters.

WildTurkey said:
It has to be usable by us lefties. KP1 style only muzzle only would work for me. no plastic insert. ghost ring sight option.

X's 2

Ultimate slam back in production would be great and keep the good customer service going.

Steve

Here are the changes that I would like to see made to the DISC family:
a) Bring back the DISC Elite
b) 100% blow back free
c) 2nd mounting screw
d) Faster twist rate
e) BH 209 compatible
f) No more FPJs
g) Offer the .45 again
h) Shorter length of pull like most centerfires of 13.5" to 13.75"
i) Smaller diameter firing pin
j) straight fore end (like a Remington 700 Classic Stock)
k) no cheek piece (like a Remington 700 Classic Stock)
l) 1/4-28 mounting screws

The most important thing to me would be a high quality barrel with a faster twist ( 1 in 24). I personally don't care if shoots BH209 or if it has a bit of blowback. The actions of either the mk-85/wolverine or the bolt actions have served me well and I see no reason to change them.
I have heard some people complain about the secondary safety on Knight rifles. I have learned to live with it but I think the design could be improved upon.
Art
________
Thinkmill

Adding to jsteurrys' list;

j) thumbhole stock (laminate is my preference)

This is waayyy afield, but I can dream - can't I. :lol:

I'd love to see one manufacturer make a fullstock caplock rifle in something like the Southern Mountain style with a thirty-two inch 7/8" barrel in .45 caliber with 1:24" shallow twist rifling for shooting sabboted .40 caliber bullets.

I'd bet Knight could cause a real buzz in the muzzle-loading community with a gun like that.

I would also like to see the Disc Elite brought back and have the 2 screw mounting as mentioned. And the extreme type contour with Fluted barrel option and same 2 screw mounting. Also stock options (synthetic and Wood) for a 13.5" length of pull with shallow cheek peice or NO cheek peice so us short armed guys don't have to modify them anymore. NFPJ plug that has less blow back and is BH209 friendly. Sturdy aluminum ramrods that come with tip options to match bullets tips, such as hps, and ballistic tip types and not need to change tip to swab bore. Rotating tip would be nice too.

ShawnT

Knightrider

I would really go right along with Jim's suggestions....

Here are the changes that I would like to see made to the DISC family:
a) Bring back the DISC Elite -but I would think you would have to offer the ability to add regular open sights....
b) 100% blow back free
c) 2nd mounting screw very good idea...
d) Faster twist rate - 1/24 for sabots and conicals
e) BH 209 compatible
f) No more FPJs
g) Offer the .45 again... 1/24 for sabots and conicals
h) Shorter length of pull like most centerfires of 13.5" to 13.75"
i) Smaller diameter firing pin

Because of the market demands I really do believe Knight is going to need a good break open with a real trigger in it. The Vison is a good gun but a real trigger, shorter LOP, and real quality product...

The note begins with "bring back the Elite" - but if the U-Slam is a 100% clean, has the second mounting screw, a BH breech plug and has a 1/24 twist - bring it on... If not go back to the Elite with a faster twist (1/24) and make it clean - that can be done.

[/b]

A gun that shoots conicals would be good as the Whites have quite a following and are hard to come by in good condition for a fair price.

They need a real 2nd mounting screw and not that thingy that they use on the LRH.

Kep the long lop for us tall people, offer short lop for short people. Two action scews, disc elite and ultimate slam. The full plastic jacket has never failed me.

rjvb said:
Kep the long lop for us tall people, offer short lop for short people. Two action scews, disc elite and ultimate slam. The full plastic jacket has never failed me.

yep as on that long lop, add some drop to it as some of us have to use open sights.

It's the only thing that I can come up with (on the elite -yeh it would be nice to bring it back but right now they are going to be testing the market out and a gun that isn't legal in some states that require no scopes just probably isn't going to happen). The stocks could use something. I finally gave up on factory set ups, took a couple of laminate stocks and bedded the recoil lug in and 1 1/2" of the barrel and left the rest of the barrel free floating it worked pretty well and a similar set up on the rest of their stocks probably would help them some. They pretty well had it figured other than that, quick release on the bolt, the bolt broke down without any tools, a really decent trigger, a gun that shot decently well, what more did you want, maybe a smaller firing pin to help with blow back into the bolt?? Now that might be an idea, but then lehigh seems to have that worked out, I'll find out in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back