Troubles. Does the Triumph have Weatherguard in the bore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smong2000

Reaction score
My buddy was having trouble grouping with his Triumph and got word that I did wonders with a mutual friends Omega (I just switched him to BH209 and 300 gr XTP from pellets and Powerbelts and got some cloverleafs at 100) so he asked me to take a look at it. His bore had some pitting and rust in it from neglect but most troubling was a raised bar that went 1/3 way around the circumference of the bore affecting both the grooves and lands about 10 inches from the breech. I don't know how this could happen, there's no dent or indication on the outside so I was thinking it might be the weatherguard coating if that's inside the bore.

Anyone have ideas? I'm recommending a trip back to T/C but concerned about the mess he left the barrel in.

Weathershield is not inside barrel only outside. I would send barrel into TC and would bet they replace it.

My guess would be the pitting and rust from neglect...but that's just my opinion. YMMV

Latest posts

Back