Powder charges of T7 w/Knight dic extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat trapper

Reaction score
I've been shooting my Knight Disc extreme since 2003 with triple seven 2f, either pellets or loose. I started using 3 pellets and the Knight 300 grain red hot with 3 pellets and a Winchester 209 primer. Next year switched to triple seven 2F loose and 150 grains by volume with either the Knight red hot or the TC 300 grain shock wave. ( I called Knight before using the 150 grains loose T7 loads and was asured it was safe and ok.) Groups run around 1 1/2 inches at 100 yds. Lately I have been wondering if I dropped the powder charges if the groups would also tighten up? How much powder are you guys using?
I've shot 14 deer with the above load, and performance has be all you could ask for. That's one of the reasons I haven't been quick to make changes. I've stayed with triple seven, because I can also run it in my traditional rifles.

You may be able to get the groups to tighten up by tweaking the powder charge. But DANG, inch and a half 100 yard groups are nothing to sneeze at. If you're not shooting over 200 yards you can surely get by with less powder, and less recoil.

semisane,
Well cause I was getting those 1 1/2 inch groups, that's why I never reduced the powder charges. Once in a while the groups get a little closer to an inch. Ya, there is plenty of recoil, but I only use this rifle for hunting, so I don't shoot it that much any more. I've got a bunch of traditional rifles which see a lot more action.

rat trapper

I am shooting 120 grains of T7-2f from my Disc's and that charge seems to work very well for me... For me after 120 things begin to open a bit not bad but definitely they get a little bigger...

My go to load is 120 grains of B209 & a 250 grn Hornady SST in my Knight(CCI mag primer). I thought about a small powder reduction, but I'll stick with what works.

Latest posts

Back