Spinjag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogo

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Spinjag for their muzzleloader and if they are of any help with loading and accuracy?
I see them advertized but don't know if hey are worth $16.95.

I have one that I use with my Savage and love it. Plan on getting a GIramrod / SpinJag made for the rest of my front stuffers.

DC

I bought one and have it installed on my extra T/C T-handle ramrod that I bought but haven't used yet. Then I got to thinking and took a new cleaning jag, put it in my lathe, countersunk the front and then drilled a hole thru it, and made my own for the cost of a screw, nylon washer, and stop nut. Spin-Jag sabot loader on my ramrod - Spin-jag for cleaning patches on my Dewey rod.

Question - when people say "spin jag" do they mean the .50 Caliber Spin Extended Super Jag" from T/C? Or, do they mean the spin jag that has its own web site (www.spinjag.com)?

Is there a difference in quality?

I am asking about the original Spinjag that has it's own website.

rogo said:
I am asking about the original Spinjag that has it's own website.

Yes i bought one around last year and love it. I think it has helped me with accuraccy to some degree. I also bought the bullet starter they sell (think i paid 50 some dollars for it) worth every penny for sure.

The concept is excellent, the design could use some improvement.
I use one, with a shortened stem and a bearing added.

rogo

Excellent gadet - I have a 45 cal and a 50 - actually a couple of each. I am sure that Avenger will be investing in one -getting a 54 cal...

http://www.spinjag.com/index.php

I have not altered mine at all and they work great seems like I have had them for 5 or so years....

I have the one from Precision Rifle on the way in 45cal. It might arrive today.

How does it compare to the others in quality?

I had one... and I have no idea what happened to it. This is not uncommon for me. Usually why I purchase several of everything. I can set something down and never find it again for three years. Then when I have replaced it, I will look somewhere and there it is. I swear, its getting bad.

When I had it, I liked it a lot. I am constantly checking the jags on the ramrod to make sure they are tight. Other wise they come out a little and can break off.

GM

Is that what Precision calls their Super Rat...???

http://www.prbullet.com/rat.htm

If this is what your getting it certainly works but i really do prefer the Spin Jag much more. It is shorter and I believe it rotates more freely... The other thing I think is important and Cecil didn't like - He thought the jag head was to small for the caliber... It was designed that way so that you could load sabots with and the petals would never touch the jag head. A lot of folks mar their sabots with the jag head which will cause some problems out the barrel. I was talking to Del about this very thing on the phone yesterday. One of the reasons people feel they need a short sabot is because the petal catch on their loading jag... Spin Jag does not have that problem - It is a great product...

My range rod swivels at the handle but it would be nice if both ends did. I got it for just $11.95 from Cabelas. Im just waiting for it to arrive.

I prefer the knurled jag style better when using polishing creams or compounds. Typical cleaning jags have 3-4 bands of heavier pressure points. The flat knurled ones even out that pressure over the entire jag.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

sj.jpg

GM54-120

I use the TC Super Jag on my gun rods for hunting... I just alter the gun rod or install a completely new rod...

You can see one installed here on a gun rod.

MuzMittwithband.jpg

But on the range rods - I do go with the Spin Jags...

And I really agree GM - i really do like the jag spinning and also the handle spinning. Often when loading at the range i do not even use the handle I am pushing down on the rod letting the jag spin...

I also think the Knurled jag also hold the patches better.

I have two of them and love them
My range rod spins at the handle also.
I bought a USA
Universal Spin Adapter and it turns any jag into a spin jag.I use it on my short starter

saxman1 said:
I have two of them and love them
My range rod spins at the handle also.
I bought a USA
Universal Spin Adapter and it turns any jag into a spin jag.I use it on my short starter

Now thats a cool idea too.

Thanks. :yeah:

I love mine , easier to load as the jag spins with the rifling and not on top of the bullet . Plus with out it my jag kept un -screwing making the ramrod longer with every shot . Not a good thing when you use a mark on the ramrod to make sure you loading the same from shot to shot . :twisted:

Latest posts

Back