time to say goodbye!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
well guys, its time to say goodbye. We are all leaving for denver tomorrow afternoon and staying the night and catching a plane to Florida and on sunday, we'll be jumping onto a ship for a week of vacation. Ive never done this before so it will be pretty exciting. Belize, Grand cayman islands, Cozumel, and one other island i forget the name of are some of the places we'll get to visit. Mayun Ruins are a couple interesting places we will visit as well. I believe these are located near Belize. Also plan on doing some kayaking in the Cayman islands as well. Its been a long time since i've kayaked, and that is something i really enjoy doing.

When i do get back, I will start shooting blackhorn209 and see how i like it in the Accura. Kind of sucks having to leave on a trip when i have new toys to play with :lol:

We'll be back March 1st.

So You all take care and be safe and have fun with those muzzleloaders. For those of you that are cold where you live, i will take some warm weather pictures for you all :p

I've never gone 11 days without pulling the trigger on my muzzleloader, i dont know how i am going to handle it :? Another issue tomorrow morning is taking my big fat dog to the vet so they can take care of him while we are away. Thats going to be real tough on me as ive never left him alone like this before. For the past 2 days he's shown that he knows something is up and has been staying close to me and has been laying all over me through out the days. Damn, thats going to be the hardest part of the trip.... leaving him.

000_0644.jpg

That's great my friend
I hope you have the time of your life
you can shoot trap/skeet on some of the ships
Please use sunscreen
I've seen many vacations ruined by sun poisioning

I hop you and the dog do ok
I can relate to that, I hated selling my hunting dogs

be safe and have fun

Have a great vacation and if you like good coffee, look for real Blue Mountain whole beans.

I have friends bring it back every time they are near Jamaica or Grand Cayman. If you bring any back, i know of a buyer. :lol: :wink:

Oh and i almost forgot...stop by StingRay Bay and have fun with the rays. Its VERY cool!!!

And one more thing IF ANY of your luggage was used while shooting DONT take it. The dogs will smell the residue...even if its a year old and you might not like the cavity search....dont ask me how i know. :lol:

Vacation

Have fun FG. Will be looking to hear about your trip when you return.

Just remember there are two stages of sea sickness -

Stage 1 you think your going to die

Stage 2 you wish you WERE DEAD!!!

We did a cruise last May, was supposed to go to Cozumel but the damn swine flu fiasco had just began so they closed Cozumel. Instead we ended up in Jamaica.

Swam with the sting-rays in Grand Caymen, that was cool!!

Enjoy your trip.

:D :)

Have a great time and enjoy your self. We'll all be here when you get back :!: :!: :!:

FG:

My wife & I went on our first cruise last year; similar locations as yours. We had been invited by my son and his wife for years; but always refused. I always said boats are for fishing! That said, the cruise was GREAT and we both really enjoyed. Lots to do on the ship and ports; the food was outstanding. Wish we had done it in our earlier years; but probably more in our future! ENJOY!

That sounds like an awesome vacation. After watching shows like offshore adventures I would love to do some fishing around belieze. Have fun

ugh got home about 2am. nice colorado welcome of over a foot of hard crusted snow which the car didnt want to go through. brother and i pushed it up the drive way and just about killed ourselves doing so. lungs are fit to burst.

going to bed. will have pics tomorrow later on after my brain wakes up.

frontier gander said:
ugh got home about 2am. nice colorado welcome of over a foot of hard crusted snow which the car didnt want to go through. brother and i pushed it up the drive way and just about killed ourselves doing so. lungs are fit to burst.

going to bed. will have pics tomorrow later on after my brain wakes up.

Welcome home FG
Hope you had a great time.

FG

It will take a while to get your legs back under you after being at sea for a while. Hope your hang over goes away in while, being at sea w/an open bar is rough!

awww come on FG, youve had plenty of sleep now...post some pics man!

The main thing is you made it back safe and sound. The weather waits for no one...

Back