Leveling crosshairs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nimrodder

They do hve a gadget to do that with - but I have never took the plunge... I usually put the scope on low power - shoulder the rifle and aim it out the front window and align north and south with the window from. Have one set of rings some what loose and the second set just tight enough to offer some resistance - when you get it tighten the resistance set first to somewhat tight than the loose set to some what tight then tighten both equally...

hope it works for you...

i just let the wife do mine, she gets them perfect every time in no time.
works for me.

If your rifle is squared up,,,,look thru the scope at a clear glass of water. Level your crosshairs on the water line.

I bought two small levels from lowes,I put one on the scope base to make sure the gun is level,then I took the second level and put it on the top adjustment knob of the scope.Then I moved the scope to the right spot while also keeping the gun level.

It took more time then I thought,but once I got it all square it came out nice.

Steve

If you're not so good at eye-ballin it, a cheap 2-3$ line level from the hardware store works good. Use it on a flat spot on the gun to level the gun up. (breech area,rear sight assembly or any flat spot) Remove the top scope adjustment cover and lay the level on it. One of my hunting partners uses this method, and it seems pretty accurate. I just eyeball it.

Most Ace Hardware stores sell a small key chain level for about a buck. Get two. Put one on a flat spot on the gun and the other on the scope turrent.

Level2.jpg

I use the cross hair level adapter with my Lazerlyte bore sighter. You level your gun then snap on the adapter and level the cross hairs to the level lazer line it emits.

works

bought two small levels from lowes,I put one on the scope base to make sure the gun is level,then I took the second level and put it on the top adjustment knob of the scope.Then I moved the scope to the right spot while also keeping the gun level.
Real easy to do. But don't advertise as all your buddies start coming to you to do the job!! Ha-ha, it's okay free beer!

I have placed mine in a vice on the bench where it was straight and leveled it that way,always worked for me.

Latest posts

Back